[$5000 USD/month] - Move out to California and start your game dev career with RedManta

I remember back when Loleris wanted to do this. Always wondered if he would be the first… apparently not. Still awesome to see others taking Roblox development seriously. I’ll have to give it some more thought, but this is a pretty tempting offer.

8 Likes

Sounds almost too good to be true, but I don’t doubt this is real.
There’s a lot of info on what you get from the job but not exactly what you might be working on. It’s hard to tell if it’s something someone might be interested in if it’s just “RedManta projects”.

Also, is it really necessary to have so many people? It’s really cool that this is a Roblox thing but how many projects are going on that require that amount of people working full time?

5 Likes

This offer has no set end date.

Most of our original employees already lived here. And yeah you can see roblox HQ from our office.

Our management style doesn’t put people on a specific thing forever. We move people around between different projects, some people work on multiple projects, some people do what you’re describing and just stick to one project. And of course there are opportunities to move up as well. Whatever you’ll be working on will be decided when we make you an offer. Here’s how a typical application process goes:

• Applicant submits an application
  • If the employer is interested, they respond and make an offer
  • Applicant and employer negotiate until everything is agreed upon <- this is where we decide what you’ll be working on
  • A contract is written and signed

Yes.

5 Likes

Same but UK peep

2 Likes

See above

2 Likes

Would you be looking for someone to do marketing? That’s what I plan on going into once I get out of high school and am just interested to see if Red Manta is an option for me to look at job wise.

2 Likes

I’m interested but going back and forth about it. Will probably see something from me soon

3 Likes

It might be doable. Contact me then.

4 Likes

Hmm :thinking:

7 Likes

Free gaming desktop??? Now who wouldn’t take this job! This is one hell of a deal and experience.

Good luck to all that apply.

4 Likes

I would, but I’m still going through the college wave. Such a wonderful oppurtunity!
Maybe next time…!

1 Like

I would rather be amazed to do such a job unfortunately I’m on the wrong side of the world and not 18, we’ll see what the future reserves for us.

3 Likes

I would literally apply for this, but unfortunately I’m attending college in my area. :frowning:

I’m literally contemplating this, aahhhhhhhhhhh.

1 Like

I sent you a message, please reply! Thanks

1 Like

I would say this. The cost of living out in San Francisco is insanely high. In fact, 60,000 USD annually in San Francisco is basically the same as 30,000 USD where I live(Birmingham Alabama).

3 Likes

Of course you have to be 18 to move alone with out a parent/garden in the USA but could we do it from home cause I don’t really want to leave home… So could I do it from home cause I’m still going though school yes I know I could drop school but I’m not going to…

1 Like

Seems like a Roblox HQ 2 is being built here :eyes:. I love how so many people are giving this thought, I’d love to apply in the future when I am of age and if your requisites for international employment are met.

Some questions:

What are the personal benefits, ones such as housing, healthcare, etc. Even though 5k a month is very beneficial, it may end up being reduced to half the price due to taxes, and the necessities. Are there policies we can see (Stuff like rules for sick leave, vacation days, what’s tolerated/not tolerated).

Aside from my unending curiosity, you guys deserve all the congratulations you’ve been getting. The ethic you’re circulating between serious development and Roblox has no limit to benefit. So, thank you :grin:!

10 Likes

It’s impressive how far companies on Roblox has came. This is a good example of all the possibilities we have here on Roblox.

6 Likes

I hope more studios take after RedManta. I have yet to see another studio compete on their level.

8 Likes

Living in San Francisco is not the same as living in San Mateo, especially if you live in a cheaper area in San Mateo county. I have lived in a fairly expensive apartment in downtown San Mateo for approximately the same amount and it was workable. On another internship I lived in a much cheaper area and commuted to work and had a lot of money left over. The bay area is expensive but you can easily live there comfortably on this amount.

11 Likes