[$5000 USD/month] - Move out to California and start your game dev career with RedManta

PL%20hire%20header

Hi robloxers, RedManta LLC is looking for talented individuals interested in pursuing a career in game development. If you’re skilled in art, programming, management, design, modeling, building, or anything else - we want you!

This offer is only available to Americans. We don’t yet meet the staffing requirements to start requesting visas for international employees.

This offer is only available to 18+. This is a full time employment position. You are expected to be in the office every day.

HH%20the%20work%20style
Good communication skills are necessary. We use a Discord server to communicate with our remote contractors, we use Trello to organize, and we use Team Create to develop.

HH%20the%20job
We are offering full time employment (40 hours/week) in an open office environment. You’ll work with us to arrange moving out to the Bay Area, we’ll pay for your travel costs, and then you’ll work directly with the rest of the team IRL in the office. You will work on RedManta projects.

HH%20the%20pay
You will be paid at a rate of $5000/month. We offer ACH (direct deposit) or we can hand you a physical check. We pay out half on the 15th and half on the last day of each month.

HH%20the%20officce
Our office is at 3130 La Selva St STE 308, San Mateo CA. This is where you’ll need to commute to on a daily basis. We provide you a standard issue gaming desktop and a standing desk, and we give you a $1500 budget for monitors/keyboard/mouse/headset/chair/etc… You will be expected to be here 8 hours a day, including the core hours of 11am-4pm. We provide snacks and office equipment.

HH%20redmanta%20llc
We’re RedManta, a Roblox game studio based in San Mateo, California owned by @Sharksie and @AbstractAlex. We have 7 full time employees and over 15 contractors. As a member of RedManta you will have access to our content network, guidance, funding, and personal expertise.

HH%20the%20legal%20stuff
You must be 18 or older, and if you are accepted, you must supply us with a W9 form. This is the same form you send to roblox to devex. You’ll also be required to sign a standard contract that clarifies your relationship to RedManta.

HH%20how%20to%20apply
If you’re interested, DM me, @Sharksie, on the devforums. Or contact me on discord if you already have me. Include examples of previous work. This is an open offer with no set end date.

And remember, If you want the job but you aren’t sure you’re good enough - apply anyway!

93 Likes

Just out of curiosity, which positions are you looking for development wise?

2 Likes

Literally everything.

Scripting, building, management, design, art, marketing, anything

If you have a skill, we want it.

7 Likes

Does this override the offer about the $4000/Month for a remote position or is this an additional offer (separate position)?

1 Like

This is an additional offer. This pays higher because of the investment of moving out here, while the other offers are available remotely.

(The offer you are referring to is closed now by the way)

1 Like

It’ll be nice to see this still here when I’m 18. Maybe I’ll be able to. I love what you guys are doing though.

5 Likes

I would apply but I’m still in college and finishing up. Maybe next time!

2 Likes

Too bad that I have projects, school and that I live in France ahah

2 Likes

Would 100% apply but I’m still in high school.

8 Likes

Same, RIP

4 Likes

Actually, I’m going to give this a bit more thought.

3 Likes

I’ve reached out with a question. Check your messages

2 Likes

is this roblox anymore? like wow, :clap: nice work on being this successful to manage something like this!

I’d definitely be interested however its only for people in the US.

18 Likes

I actually meet all the requirements, but is there a position that doesn’t require you to move?

6 Likes

Nope. We’re specifically looking to fill seats in the office right now.

10 Likes

This is pretty close to what I made when I first got my software engineering job a little over a year ago. Pretty good offer!

12 Likes

It’s super cool to see Roblox-based studios doing things like this. This type of stuff is going to really crank up the quality of Roblox games in the future.

15 Likes

Is this a temp offer or will this offer always be up? I’m graduating from High School half a year early this December.

4 Likes

It’s amazing that Roblox has grown to the point where people can start up a game studio for the Roblox platform and afford to hire developers with a decent pay.

Good luck to anyone who applies!

7 Likes

So why California? Is it because it’s closer to Roblox HQ?

2 Likes