[$5000 USD/month] - Move out to California and start your game dev career with RedManta

They used to be looking for remote contractors but I went to the post and they were marked closed. So I guess they only want/need in-person staff at this point.

2 Likes

Can’t wait to start :eyes:

1 Like

dang,

maybe someday when i’m a good enough developer, am older, and you guys start allowing internationals - i’d give this a shot LOL

4 Likes

It’s the wild west.

4 Likes

Daaang, wish I lived in the US and was 18+

3 Likes

How old are you? I thought you were already 18.

3 Likes

I’m 16 and live in the UK, I’ll be 18 in about 1 year and 3 months

4 Likes

Would apply but I’m a bit too young and I don’t feel I have the skills to work professionally yet. Hopefully you guys are still around in a few years :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Have you ever thought of posting this on a site like Indeed or Monster? It would get your studio’s name out there and make becoming a Roblox developer look more like a career.

5 Likes

Just wondering if the discord is public? I’d like to join if it is as unfortunately I am living in Canada but would be very interested if any remote jobs or any jobs my location wouldn’t affect come up!

1 Like

We have a public discord for anyone and a private discord for developers. We use the private one for communication.

We don’t post on other job sites because we don’t want the hassle of training someone who’s outside of our network. When we can verify that someone is who they say they are, and they already know the platform, that’s more valuable to us than a degree or whatever else those sites offer.

12 Likes

This looks like an awesome opportunity! I’ll have to bookmark this for when I turn 18 in a month.

2 Likes

I already offered but they didn’t want that.

1 Like

Rip living in Australia :sob:

2 Likes

Yea maybe in a different state, but have you seen how much it costs to live in cali!?!?!?!

1 Like

You can easily live here on $5000/month. Everyone in the office has started at $5000/month and no one’s had any problems affording everything they need.

3 Likes

I live very comfortably here for 5k a month. You can just find a roommate.

3 Likes

Within bike range you can comfortably live alone on this salary:

It only gets cheaper as you move farther out. Also pretty much everyone here lives with roommates. It’s a great way to save money and there’s lots of options with the accelerators/incubators constantly cycling in and out.

3 Likes

I am trying to figure out how to apply through DMing Sharksie, but what is the best way to do it so I can get everything right? Formatting? I sure don’t want to screw this up.

1 Like

The way I did it was breaking it up into categories of stuff about me, similar to a resume.

• Professional Summary
    – A short paragraph about me and what I do.
  • Skills
    – List all your pros.
  • Work History
    – I’ve worked with various companies doing work online. You might not have this.
  • Roblox Work History
    – A list of games I’ve worked on / worked with, and what I’ve done.
  • Sample Work
    – Pictures of cool stuff I’ve done and what not.

You of course can change this around to add stuff you think would be good, but this is very close to what a professional resume that you’d send any other company would be like, just of course you’d format it in a .pdf file rather than a DM.

1 Like