503 errors on Developer Hub, cannot access site

Today (March 20th, 2020), I have been experiencing 503 errors in all parts of the Developer Hub, and unable to access any pages of it.
There is a 100% chance of reproduction on my testing devices(PC and mobile).
Steps of reproduction:

Open https://developer.roblox.com/ or any other link relates to the Developer Hub will return a 503 error.

Screenshot/Proof:

Software Specifications:
Windows 10 64-bit Version 1909 Build 18363.657
Browser: Microsoft Edge Dev 82.0.453.2, Firefox 74.0
Mobile Browsers are also affected: Chrome for Android 80.0.3987.132 and Safari on iOS 12.4.5

EDIT:
This issue affects developers from various locations around the world. According to the following replies and my research (via proxy and VPN), those countries/locations are currently suffering from this problem: (in alphabetical order)

• Australia
  • Hong Kong
  • India
  • New Zealand
  • Philippines
  • Singapore
  • Texas, United States
  • Vietnam

Countries/locations that are not affected:

• Brazil
  • Canada
  • France
  • Germany
  • Italy
  • Netherlands
  • Norway
  • Russia
  • Seattle, United States
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • United Kingdom
16 Likes

I also get this error when trying to access any part of the devhub.

It is probably an issue with content delivery to certain regions. The error is returned when connecting to the devhub from a server in Sydney, but works fine from servers in London and Seattle.

6 Likes

How can I temporarily avoid this problem? I need to get information of some functions I will use on my stuff, but the error rendered me from doing so.

Been experiencing this issue for the past few hours as well.

As a workaround, you could use Studio’s Object Browser (View → Object Browser) and look for references there.

Have also been receiving this issue. If you don’t mind me asking, are you Australian?

An alternative for this is to visit the Wayback Machine and browse there. I had to warn though that the entire API might’ve not been archived.

http://web.archive.org/web/20200308202753/https://developer.roblox.com/en-us

4 Likes

Could you try a different browser?

I tried Internet Explorer (an old one) and it still gave me the error.

1 Like

I have never got such issue and I always use google chrome.

Also experiencing the same problem in Google Chrome and also in mobile.

1 Like

It has nothing to do with browsers, unfortunately.

It seems like this issue is present across many parts of the world right now judging by the replies to this topic. Here is a summary so far:

Cases reported from:
  • Australia
  • New Zealand
  • Philippines
  • India
  • Singapore
  • Vietnam
  • Hong Kong
  • Texas, United States
Confirmed to be fine:
  • Canada
  • The majority of US states (excluding Texas, but apparently including Seattle)
  • United Kingdom
  • Norway
  • Brazil
  • France
  • Italy
2 Likes

I’m in Texas, and I’m experiencing this too.

1 Like

I don’t have this issue, I’m using google chrome and I live in Canada, if that means anything.

Just to be sure, I’ve tried this on Edge and Internet Explorer (flame me now). They work fine. I’m still surprised internet explorer loaded faster than Edge… But yeah it’s not a browser issue so it’s probably a location thing. If there are cases from Texas and Australia then idk maybe you guys down south are just getting the wrong end of the wifi today.

I’m here in the Philippines and I am experiencing this issue as well.

2 Likes

I can’t access anything, this is bad I need to read documents that should be available in Studio; it’s hurting my productivity.

4 Likes

Same in Singapore.

Using a VPN to United States fixes it.

1 Like

In the meantime, you could try browsing RDH using the Wayback Machine. It works but I doubt the whole API is there.

1 Like

I live in India, so I dont think it’s just 2 or 4 countries. You can try a VPN to check. I am still having this issue.

1 Like

From all of the replies above, this issue seems to be present in Asia and Australia, and it still isn’t fixed after a day. Guess we would have to either use a proxy or VPN, since the Wayback Machine didn’t archive the whole API Reference page. Hopefully Roblox will be soon aware of this.

4 Likes