64-bit Studio for Windows is Live!

I’ve been waiting forever. This was a must! Thank you!!

4 Likes

I’ve noticed some significant increases in crashing when dealing with Play Solo. Particularly when dealing with the script editor.

4 Likes

Thanks you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I really like the idea. Good job!

2 Likes

I figured this out, the builds are indeed deployed separately. For those of you familiar with Roblox’s version compatibility API, the 32-bit version uses WindowsStudio for its binaryType, while the 64-bit version uses WindowsStudio64.

Admittedly the use cases for this API are pretty narrow, so I’m not really sure if its worth mentioning here lol.

6 Likes

I have the same thing.
I have Win 10 Pro 64bit installed, what’s going on?

4 Likes

I also have that Win32

2 Likes

This is a bug. If you go to “About Roblox Studio” tab, it shows that you got the 64-bit version. I described it here.

4 Likes

This is not a bug, this is just an identifier for the OS… I believe Windows hasn’t changed this for backwards compatibility. The same thing shows up in a lot of things (e.g. node js)

3 Likes

Bug or not, always worth a mention I guess… :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Oh, *doh.
Cheers mate. =)

3 Likes

Sweet! Thanks a lot for this update.

2 Likes

This is not a bug. This is just the Platform API, and not an identifier for being 32-bit or 64-bit.

2 Likes

Thank you very much :smiley: no more crashing for me (hopefully)

6 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Low quality posts

1 Like

For some reason after updating, when I try to Play Solo, the client will crash. Not sure why, there isn’t a crash report, I just have to not test my games this way.

4 Likes

It happens only occasionally for me now; try logging out of studio and logging back in, or updating all your plugins.

4 Likes

I’ve done all of those things, I’ve even reinstalled ROBLOX Studio. Still, I crash almost instantly after pressing Play Solo. I also went and cleared some ROBLOX Files (Previously Saved Places). Still, no change.

2 Likes

Huzzah, less crashes! No longer are the days of me losing work!

1 Like

Huh. Did you have a script window open when you tested?

1 Like