64-bit Studio for Windows is Live!

I also have that Win32

2 Likes

This is a bug. If you go to ā€œAbout Roblox Studioā€ tab, it shows that you got the 64-bit version. I described it here.

4 Likes

This is not a bug, this is just an identifier for the OSā€¦ I believe Windows hasnā€™t changed this for backwards compatibility. The same thing shows up in a lot of things (e.g. node js)

3 Likes

Bug or not, always worth a mention I guessā€¦ :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Oh, *doh.
Cheers mate. =)

3 Likes

Sweet! Thanks a lot for this update.

2 Likes

This is not a bug. This is just the Platform API, and not an identifier for being 32-bit or 64-bit.

2 Likes

Thank you very much :smiley: no more crashing for me (hopefully)

6 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Low quality posts

1 Like

For some reason after updating, when I try to Play Solo, the client will crash. Not sure why, there isnā€™t a crash report, I just have to not test my games this way.

4 Likes

It happens only occasionally for me now; try logging out of studio and logging back in, or updating all your plugins.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve done all of those things, Iā€™ve even reinstalled ROBLOX Studio. Still, I crash almost instantly after pressing Play Solo. I also went and cleared some ROBLOX Files (Previously Saved Places). Still, no change.

2 Likes

Huzzah, less crashes! No longer are the days of me losing work!

1 Like

Huh. Did you have a script window open when you tested?

1 Like

Quick question for all who experience creches;

What is your C: drive (SSD, hdd, m2?)
How much space is left on the drive?
What is your OS?
How much ram?

1 Like

Iā€™ve been waiting a long, long time for this!

Thanks!

Now we just need a 64 bit game client! :smiley:

2 Likes

Itā€™s not a bug, its what identifies the OS as Windows.

e.g In C++ to check for a Windows OS you would use #ifdef WIN32 || _WIN32. If you also search up Win32 it talks about the Windows API.

3 Likes

Windows 10, 16gb ram, 2TB HDD, 1.8TB left free

1 Like

No, since Iā€™ve posted my reply a ROBLOX Engineer has contacted me, I think the issue will be resolve soon. Thank you.

4 Likes

Thank you so much for this amazing update!
Itā€™ll be a great launch-up to the development community!

2 Likes