A better bug report system

As a Roblox developer and also as a non-regular, I can’t report bugs I’ve found easily and also I can’t get a response/solution for them.

I know we need to PM Bug-Support but I’ve never heard back from them.

I had a bug report about switching to workspace after being in script editor causes crashes, haven’t had a response for that. Thank God someone else reported that bug later. I had one with Roblox mobile app resetting my phone with all information they need but no response from that either.

Sometimes it becomes really frustrating when I can’t get support for a problem which I have no control of and some of these bugs also affect my efficiency when developing a game. Especially that first one affected me a lot.

I don’t know if they try to fix these bugs or not simply because I never got an answer back. With old system at least we could get our posts approved/denied and even if it was denied we knew that they looked into it.

2 Likes

The important detail here is that the bugs aren’t responded to immediately. Maybe somewhat likely due to bad formatting? You don’t have to expect a response from them immediately. Really, I had a bug reported and it hasn’t been responded to for a while and it’s due to the severity of the bug.

1 Like

There are three possibilities:

1. Your bug lacked sufficient detail or didn’t follow the bug report format.
  2. The bug could not be reproduced, likely because it may have been resolved already.
  3. The bug was already filed by another user.

Note that the bug support group is very small and it can take up to 9-10 days for them to respond (in my personal experience). It’s better to wait than to not file a bug at all.

2 Likes

I mean it’s been months surely it doesn’t take that long.
Formatting was exactly like what they use in bug report channel I’ve been here for a while and I know how I need to format like.

Can’t see the possibility of this, I even uploaded a 4 GB .dmp file just to get this fixed.

The bug I mentioned first got fixed in 24th of March and I reported this in 2020 so not sure about this too.

Did this too but I even bought a new PC and continued to have this issue and I couldn’t really live with studio hanging when I want to test something and worse, crashing. Then I decided to do that. I gave everything plenty of time I believe.

After spending a lot of time and effort internally to scale up how we handle bugs across Roblox’s product engineering teams, we finally have a solution available here: The Big Bug Reporting Update

Everybody here in the current topic that made a post or Liked one of the posts (as of Mar 19) has had their join request accepted if they submitted one. I’m marking this as the solution of the topic for that reason.

For everybody else that participates here later than this reply, please follow the instructions in the linked announcement above on how to get your join request in. We are slowly accepting people from the backlog to make sure we don’t overwhelm internal teams, but it is our goal to clear out the backlog. It will take us some time before we’re caught up with requests so appreciate your patience here.

Thanks again for posting about this and for your patience as we worked this out!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.