A call for contributors to the ROBLOX Wikia

Hello. For some time, I have been an administrator on the ROBLOX Wikia, which is a wiki about ROBLOX open to editing by all, and entirely managed by its community. We have an outstanding activity level, a lot of content and lots of regular contributions, but the low experience of the wiki’s community has a result that we have a lot of cleanup work to do. And even though we have a lot of content already, there’s still much to be written, and many articles in need of improvement.

Since two of our five administrators have been inactive for a long time, and because the number of active contributors has dropped from over 380 a few years ago to more than 340 now, I’d like to ask for help on this forum. What is most useful for contributing to a wiki is free time and understanding of how wikis work, from a technical point of view but also from the community point of view, and since we have documented templates and policies and things have been stable in the recent past, I think it is time to ask for this help.

If you are interested and want to help, I suggest you first create an account. You will receive a welcome message giving you useful links and guiding you to what needs help. Of particular interest are the help pages, the policies and the general maintenance project (this is a page that essentially describes in detail all the general tasks that need to be done).

The wiki welcomes anything that is about ROBLOX, and that is noteworthy. This means that technical articles, community-oriented articles and articles about general features or ROBLOX events are all adequate topics for this wiki.

Er… Don’t we already have a ROBLOX Wiki? What’s the Wikia for?

It is more of a place to create and maintain pages more community based rather than RBX.Lua based like the Wiki is.

The wikia is an encyclopedia about ROBLOX that gives information of anything and everything ROBLOX related. It goes beyond the limited development scope that the wiki stays on.

The wikia is an encyclopedia about ROBLOX that gives information of anything and everything ROBLOX related. It goes beyond the limited development scope that the wiki stays on.[/quote]
Example
Example 2

I could help with some building techniques and plugins pages.

I’ve got an account and I’d be happy to help. I just don’t know how to add posts, so assuming it tells you how to do that, I’ll help

I can help with anything building related and potentially studio-related/plugin-related.

I’ve also got an account, I’d love to help.

Account name is AlgyLacey.

I have made an account.

RbxDevAlex

I didn’t quick get a warm welcome…

Apparently people think that my account is an imposter account.

Edit: I did make a contribution by the way.

Originally was a stub just saying it handles movement. Now it is all that. :wink:

The article indeed has a lot more content now—I didn’t know most of that because I didn’t follow the news about the new solvers over time. :slight_smile:

We get a number of impersonators, but we never do anything about it, except sometimes suggesting the user to ask for a Wikia-wide rename.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.