A Flagged Capture
Official Update Log and Credit List
- More ways to earn cash
- More benefits for the VIP Gamepass
- Improve Shop UI
- Add more Starter Tools
- The Grenade not working on mobile for some reason
9/21/2022 (CRITICAL BUG FIX)
- Completed the Experience Question for the game. The game is now recommended for All Ages
- You will now receive the ban hammer as soon as you buy the gamepass. You no longer have to rejoin to receive it.
- Kill For Cash now works for ALL Weapons (if there is a weapon I missed, please let me know)
- The Topbar icon that prompts you to purchase premium will now only appear for players who do not own Premium.
- Added a Death Cam
- The color of a player’s sword will now match the corresponding team color that the player is on. (If the player is on blue team, they will receive the blue sword. If a player is on red team, they will receive a red sword). I plan to do this for every weapon.
- Fixed an Issue with Data Loss of Cash. This happened when I tried to add coroutine.wrap to my BindToClose. Luckily, since the game is unfortunately inactive, no player was affected by this bug.
- If someone has Roblox Premium AND owns the VIP Gamepass, both Chat Tags will show.
- Added a Button on the Topbar that prompts you to buy Premium, which will immediately grant you the in-game Premium Benefits.
- Added a Very Cool Rainbow Trail for VIP Members
- Added a Name Tag for VIP Members and Premium Members
- Tips will now appear in Chat, to inform players of stuff they might not know.
7/27/2022 (Sorry for the big wait)
- Accounts that have a low account age are now kicked (this is to decrease the amount of alts).
- You now get cash on kill for every weapon in the game. (I think).
- The Ban Hammer Animation now works. Rolling out soon.
- Star Creators will no longer receive any badges (so players can’t use extensions like RoSearcher or Searchblox to join their game).
- Renamed my Chat Tag from “The One and Only” to “Owner” to make it clear what my Chat Tag represented.
- Each player on the team that wins a round earns 100 Cash.
- Added a Server-Sided Anti-Cheat that actually works.
- Added a Separate Shop for all Robux Related Purchases. (I used the Merch Booth because the UI is amazing.)
- I finally revamped the gear shop. Rolling out in a bit (Huge Credit to @DarkPixlz for doing it)
- Players with who are idle for 2 minutes will have an AFK Tag appear above their head until they aren’t idle anymore.
- Added Chat Tags for:
- All Roblox Staff Members
- FINALLY Fixed the bug that respawned you twice within 2 seconds each time you die. It was quite annoying.
- Redid the UI that appears when a flag is captured or when a Flag is returned. It looks less boring and goes more with the theme.
- Renamed “Knockouts” to “Kills” and “Wipe-outs” to “Deaths” on the leaderstats so the UI would be shorter.
- The Double Cash gamepass now applies to the cash you receive when you capture a Flag.
- Completely removed Auto Team-Sort Stats system. The entire leaderstats system would tend to break whenever The Kills or Deaths of a player or team increased. So its gone for now. Doesn’t have much of an impact on the game.
- Fixed the new Kills and Deaths leaderstats not working. It now successfully records the kills and deaths. (Please note that I intentionally made it so the Kills didn’t save when you leave. I might change that in the future if it is highly requested).
- Fixed the bug where the UI for the Winning Message would overlap with each other.
- Fixed the Bug where the Speed Coil wouldn’t give a speed boost
- Fixed the bug where the TopBarPlus icon for the Opening the Shop where you buy Cash wouldn’t appear.
- Fixed the dumb Gamepass Shop UI not scaling properly at all.
- Improved the leaderstats script. Apparently when I wrote my leaderstats code a while back, I added a parent argument when using Instance.new, which severely decreases performance. So when I noticed I fixed it.
- Removed the Pistol from the StarterPack, due to it not dealing any damage at all for some reason. Will add it back when I fix the bug.
- Edited the Flag System so if a player is carrying a flag and dies, the flag will stay at the same spot the player died at for the next 15 seconds. If someone on the same team as the person who died touches the flag that was dropped before the 15 seconds are up, the player picks up the flag and will be able to continue what the original player was doing and carry it back to base. If a player from the opposing team touches the flag, their flag base. If no players touch the flag in 15 seconds, the flag returns to its original base.
- Revamped the leaderstats system. Its now 10x better.
- Added Wipeouts, and Knockouts to the leaderstats (Kills and Deaths)
- Separated the leaderstats depending on the team the player is on. That means that the players on the leaderboard will be sorted depending whether they're on blue team, or red team. You can take a look at it yourself to see what I mean.
- Made a Sorting System where the order of player's would be ranked on the leaderboard. The the player list is sorted by the greatest to least amount of kills. That means, the player with the most kills is at the top, the player with the second most amount of kills is right under the first, etc.
- Removed the Blue Laser Gun from the StarterPack since it had friendly fire (meaning that players on the same team could kill each other with it) and I couldn't find a way to disable friendly fire. I'll try to find an alternative.
- Increased the price of all the Gear in the Gear Shop to make it harder to get enough cash to buy hordes of weapons.
- Fixed a major bug where the Flag won’t respawn when a player carrying the flag dies in lava.
- Fixed the bug where the Gamepass Shop wouldn’t open at all.
None really, unless you count changing the color of the map.
- Made the anti-cheat. Hopefully it works the way its supposed to.
- Changed the color of the map a bit to fit more of the theme. Blue’s side of the map is now has blue floors, blue bridges, and blue walls. Red’s side of the map has red walls, red floors, and red bridges.
- Fixed the Blue Laser Gun not firing the gun at all
- The Speed Coil is not giving you a speed boost (I know, this should definitely be fixed before the release lmao)
- Pistol giving you a speed boost when you equip it (still trying to figure that out)
4/13/2022 (Great Progress!)
Almost ready to release the game as a beta! There are only a few things left to do!
- Finished Scripting the Ban Hammer. All I need to do is animate the ban hammer’s swing and then it’ll be finished completely.
- The Map is no longer a barren and gray wasteland. It is an actual map.
- The Flags for both teams have been completely redesigned and. Thanks to @BIack1st (who isn’t on the devforum) for modeling them for me
- Added a “You Joined the Group Badge!”. How you get the badge is self-explanatory.
- Added a badge named “Oof!”. You receive it when you die for the first time.
- Fixed some of the buttons in the Gear Shop not working at all when pressed/clicked.
- The pistol will give you a speed boost for some reason when you equip it in your hand.
- Improved the functionality of the Kill For Cash Script
- Removed the Footstep Sounds since they were flooding the output with Errors
- Replaced all the
wait()s in each script in the game to
- Improved the Functionality of the TopbarPlus scripts
- Added a “You Met the Owner!” Badge. A user obtains the badge if they join the same server the owner is in. Self-explanatory. (Thanks to @GamersInternational for the badge icon! )
- Fixed the Ban Hammer gamepass where the owners wouldn’t receive the hammer when they join. (Unfortunately, the Ban Hammer only works for R6 so im trying to find a way to make it work with R15 as well.)
- Made the TopBarPlus button that displays Invite Friends menu automatically deselect itself when you the X to close the Invite Menu
- Organized some of my code with the help of Module Scripts. (Who knew they could be so useful in so many ways??)
- Revamped the Shop UI (The tweening on the UI is beyond amazing!)
- The new Shop UI’s buttons for the developer products function correctly as well.
- Fixed the a player’s data not saving when the player loses connection to the server (I forgot to add BindToClose to my code…)
- Fixed the Tool shop not working AT ALL
- Apparently when I tried to simplify my tool script, it ended up breaking the entire shop. Fixed now.
- I’m not the type of person who has lots of creativity. Overall, I’m trying to make my game as enjoy to everyone as much as possible, so I keep scrapping ideas. I wanted to do a Matchmaking system so I can implement different modes, but…I just don’t have enough skill for that.
- My new (and hopefully final) plan for now is to simply make system where there’s a lobby. People vote for the mods and the maps for the rounds during intermission in the lobby. People then get teleported to the new map. (The Same Kind of System as MM2 except its with different modes). Its going to be extremely difficult because I don’t even have a clue on where to start, which made my motivation decrease severely…
- Scrapped the idea of naming the currency “FlagBucks” and changed it to Cash since Roblox filters the name thus making the name difficult to work with.
- Made the Developer Product Script Infinitely Better. Thanks to the DevForum for that.
- I apologize to the non-existence readers for not updating the game as much as I used to. As I mentioned before, I got a job as a scripter for a game, so I have to work with the time I have to make sure I can work on BOTH projects.
- Added Icons for the Double Currency Gamepass, the VIP Gamepass, and the Developer Products (Huge Credit to @Mxhmoud for making them )
- Editing the Text on the Round Timer so its easier to see.
- Improved the Join and Leave Message Script
12/10/2021 (MAJOR UPDATE)
- The game has now been released for Alpha Testing. I will choose select people I trust, but if you’re interested in being a QA, PM me on the DevForum or on the Main Roblox Website.
- Please note that this game is still not even close to being done. I’m simply opening the same for Alpha Testing so I can get feedback from others.
- Don’t bother to join if you weren’t selected, because there is a whitelist for who can join it. The game will kick anyone who isn’t a selected Alpha Tester
- Simplified the script that gave you the gear when you bought it. It now looks much cleaner and much more organized.
- The new Kill For Cash Script I mentioned before worked, but only for the sword, and not the ranged weapons. I’ll have to find a way to do that
- Added a Special Chat Tag for Roblox Premium Members.
- I had a Radio Gamepass in the previous experience I made and I was planning to use it in this experience too too, but I scrapped the idea because it didn’t fit well with the idea of the experience, and because I didn’t want bypassed audios to appear in my game.
- Remember how I mentioned earlier about how Commander was spamming errors in my output? Well, it turned out it wasn’t Commander. It was some BACKDOOR virus scripts in my game that I didn’t even remember putting in my game. Thanks to the helpful Developers in the DevForum, I was able to confirm that they were backdoor scripts and remove them completely. I’m so thankful I noticed! I probably won’t be changing back to Commander because Bluido works fine.
- Found a bug inside the BuyTools script that was disabling the Premium Discount Benefit and fixed it.
- Made my first Anti-Cheat script for Increased-Walkspeed exploits, but it didn’t work out so well… (Literally all you had to do was get flinged to bypass it). I’ll be working on improving it.
- I’m close to receiving my first half of the payment for my new job, so I might be able to make some badges for the experience. I’m still deciding.
- Made the Special Chat Tag Script for the Developers more efficient by adding a table so the script wouldn’t be infinitely long.
- Tweened the UIGradients the Buttons in the Gear Shop and the FlagBucks shop like before.
- I tried to redesign the Kill For Cash system so it worked for all the weapons instead of just the sword, but I didn’t have enough time to test the script, so I’m going to try next time.
- Fixed the System Join and Leave Messages which were outputting an error.
- I basically gave up on trying to make the Shop UIs look better so I turned to the Talent Hub for help and hired @VitroType who made the UI Design look infinitely better! Huge thanks to him!
- With the new UI, the tweening got reverted so I’m planning to add them back.
- I had Commander previously for just the developers of the experience to use, but it flooded the output with false Https errors, so I had to remove it and replace it with a different admin system that my friend @Nepzerox made which works perfectly. (Note: I will never be adding a free admin system in the experience).
- Added Special Name tags for the Developers only
- Adjusted the permissions of the admin system so only admins can use the commands and no one else.
- None so far
- Hired @zachtacticgames as a modeler .
- Animated the UIGradients for all the buttons in the FlagBucks Shop.
- Added the Ban Hammer Gamepass that costs 1 M robux. It has the ability to kick the person its used on from the server. (That is why its so expensive).
- New Thumbnail by @OhLordiez
- Set the Join and Leave Messages to appear in the System Channel instead of the All Channel where it was previously in.
Fixed the UI Text Scaling for the buttons in the FlagBucks shop.
Unfortunately, when I moved the buttons for opening all the shops to the top bar, it removed the tweening, so I’m going to have to fix that.
- Improved the UIs for the FlagBucks Shop and the Gamepass shop 10x better for both looks and scaling. I have to say that I’m pretty impressed with my work despite my horrible skills as a UI Designer.
- Separate the Chat into different channels for convienience.
There are now 3 different channels:
The General Chat; Where all the players in the server can talk together.
The System Channel; Where System Messages are displayed (Join and Leave Messages). No one can chat in the channel. They can only see the messages.
The Team Channel; Where all players on the same team can chat with each other in private.
- Added a Special Chat Tag for the players who own the VIP Gamepass.
- Nerfed the Double FlagBucks gamepass to make the experience less pay-to-win.
- Removed all the UI Buttons for Opening the Menus and put them on the TopBar for more screen space on all devices. (TopBarPlus, you are my hero!)
- Improved the UI for FlagBucks shop and the Gamepass shop (I guess).
Click to play!
Huge thanks and credit to…
@ValiantWind for the scripting
@DarkPixlz for the Shop UI Design
@OhLordiez for the Thumbnail design.
@Mxhmoud for the Gamepass Icons and the Developer Product Icons
@GamersInternational for the Badge Icons
@ForeverHD for his TopbarPlus Model and my motivation
@BIack1st (who unfortunately isn’t a part of the devforum) for the modeling of the flags