A new game made by me and my friend, Firefighter Tycoon

In this month, me and Pluto_Dev are introducing two games at NextGeneration: a revolutionary firefighter game and a really advanced tycoon game. Are you getting it? These are not two separate games! This is one game and we’re calling it: Firefighter Tycoon!

Summary:
:man_firefighter: Quick! There are fires out there! We need a hero to come and put them out.
:fire_engine: Start off earning cash to then expand your fire station and to save the city form these dangerous fires.
:arrows_clockwise:Rebirth! After you complete the tycoon and have a sum of cash, you can rebirth!
:floppy_disk:Auto-save! The tycoon saves automatically!(it’s based on Datastore2)
:helicopter:Now you can fly around the island using the helicopter!
:question: More features coming soon!

Update: The game is back and new features came in, such as rebirth, helicopter, extinguisher system, performance improvements and tons of bug fixes!

If you want to try the game, it is here:

12 Likes

Did you bring something unique to the tycoon for it to become “revolutionary”?

7 Likes

There will be new features soon that we’re currently working at. We will list it after it’s finished.

1 Like

nice! the game looks really good so far, good job!

2 Likes

Great idea, now tycoons is just a waste of time waiting to get cash and that’s all This idea change it all :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just started playing it I will keep this updated with everything I find throughout my experience.
I was playing on the Firefighter Station 4 plot on the 29/10/2020 (dd/mm/yyyy)

Bugs/Issues

1. Stairs issue

2. Not enough cash sound

When you don’t have enough cash an error sound occurs, however, it emits the sound to all players. This results in a lot of error noises in a full server.

3. Fire Hydrant Dropper (Conveyor 3)

The fire hydrant dropper on conveyor 3 bounces off resulting in no money.

4. Car Collision Bug

When driving the car I collided with a pole for a light and the car got stuck into it.

5. Object stuck on conveyor

Object can get stuck on the conveyor between the two actual conveyor models.

Final Review

To conclude this game at its current stage is just a normal tycoon with some better detailed models and textures than usual. There are no special features as of yet although there may be some planned and the vehicles, if they work, serve no purpose as the map is small and lacking places to explore and detail. The helicopter currently is unusable and is just a model. I found that while the vehicles look better than blocky ones made in Roblox studio they have what I suspect to be vertices from blender sticking out making them look a bit off and pannel like. I also found, in my opinion, the level 2 fire truck looks squashed and not the right length. The city I find isn't to scale to the player model, vehicles or the actual tycoon fire station building. During my time on this game, I have gotten several spikes of lag confirmed by another user (@Meeskop) on the same server. This can sometimes result in the droppers stoping and then releasing a bunch of object at once which can result in object getting stuck or falling off the conveyor. Other than the issues I've reported above and in this conclusion the game can be enjoyable to play if you're into tycoon style games and therefore enjoy waiting around for money for an hour to finish it altogether. Hopefully, after updates, this game will satisfy its description as there are no fires or anything else to do after building the tycoon.
The games description

:man_firefighter: Quick! There are fires out there! We need a hero to come and put them out.
:fire_engine: Start off earning cash to then expand your fire station and to save the city form these dangerous fires.

6 Likes

Hello i am playing your game, and i noticed something.

The Firetruck Level 1 does not seem to work, whenever i get in the truck, it won’t drive.

1 Like

I will get this issue fixed asap.

1 Like

Mine works. Maybe respawn it. Also maybe let them know which tycoon plot you’re on incase its a single plot problem

1 Like

I am on plot 1, i have respawned it many times. Let me try and get a different plot

1 Like

fire station 2 truck will not drive as well

Is probably because of the vehicle script. It’s yet a work in progress.

ok, the city looks awesome so i wanted to explore it.

1 Like

No offence but hows it any different from any other activity based tycoon? just going out and putting out fires is kinda the same as just “go out and mine resources” or “go out and collect the purple coin” its not very revolutionary, I think if you really wanted to revolutionize tycoons you would need to really do something new that hasnt been done before, what that is I dont know as Id say on roblox theres a tycoon for literally everything you can think of

1 Like

Hello budmomo, I’m a developer for Firefighter Tycoon. We understand your concern about it not being revolutionary but simple and easy to play tycoons have been very successful in the past. There are multiple examples of these on the front page. This game is more to fund for our future projects which will be greater and better.

Best Regards,
Naxin

1 Like

so first you say its a “A new and unique game” but now youre saying its just a pay pig for your group? make it make sense, if you want to make something brand new do it, if you want to make a quick cash grab do it, my only problem is when you lie about that for attention, if you just wanted to bring your game attention and give it a quick head start then just say “hey me and friends worked on this game, took awhile, hope you enjoy” cause that would be way better then lying, not only has this action put me off from playing this game but Im also gunna avoid future games by your group, reputation is important for devs as it shows both you can your games are worth it

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback ctlaverick. We are aware the game is very dull at the moment. We were egger to release BETA early to eliminate some bugs and we are very glad that we did for we were able to remove most bugs including ones you reported. In the next update before full release we will have fires around the map and the helicopter will work. We also plan to expand the map before full release so players may explore more outside of their own tycoon.

This might be from the large scale of terrain water around the map or depending on how strong your internet connection is, but we will sure be looking into it.

Cheers,
Naxin

1 Like

What is this?
plus

1 Like

This was were the tycoon itself was made. We still needed it for testing reason but it will be removed very soon. Its just a big box and the parts reflects the sky.

Good to know. In my opinion, the cost of the items increases too fast. For the third conveyor, it goes from 800K to 2M for the heater. The roof #6 is also 2M, so you have to wait until you have enough money.

1 Like