A new Regular system for Members

That is simply your opinion. I am not interested in your opinion nor changing my own. Let us save some time and stop trying to do so.

1 Like

That not what I meant. I said I assume that you want to keep regulars exclusive, as in not many people have it.

1 Like

How so? Shall we repeat your statement?

Itā€™s obvious that you wouldnā€™t change your opinion, however, itā€™s somewhat still wrong and misleading and shouldnā€™t be an example towards other members of this community.
Iā€™ve repeated over and over again, thereā€™s no exclusive perks in becoming a Regular other than posting in #lounge, you just indirectly keep stating that you want to enjoy it, considering the fact youā€™ve stated, ā€œto get more perksā€ whatever perks they maybeā€¦ thereā€™s no perks that would really be contributive to your activities in the Developer Forum. Again, Regular is earned by being trusted and the only perks we get is to able to post in certain categories that Members are locked to post from, and also to post in #lounge, if you donā€™t mean by this, them itā€™s obvious you expect something higher that dosenā€™t even exist.
Trust is earned not obtained, as you keep on implying to yourselves that it should be obtainedā€¦ which was kept being emphasized that it should be obtained by your statement.

Why would you assume in the first place? Even though not many people have the rank of Regular weā€™re not elite users who are elitist who want the role exclusively for us, weā€™re just pointing out that thereā€™s no different, even as Member or Regular, you could still make contributive posts, and you donā€™t need a rank to do so nor is there anything special in obtaining that rank.

5 Likes

Exactly. And Iā€™m also tired of the spam in the forums.
The past week alone weā€™ve had:

• 2 egg hunt posts
  • At least 2 rants
  • Yesterday I flagged like 20 off-topic threads
  • And more I havenā€™t even seen.

And it just makes me laugh out loud when I see people who have been here for two months posting solutions(as an active member of the spam) in forum feedback.
Lounge is a legacy category, why do you want it everyone(but the ones with reason I guess)?
And if people took time to be mature and try to understand some rules we wouldnā€™t have both the forum feedback and development discussion rampages.
Sometimes, this is probably going to sound hypocritical coming from one who came in when it wasnā€™t invite only, I wish that it hadnā€™t opened to the public.
And @Avallachi, you being around here for 3 years it seems clear you were probably doing something wrong or else youā€™d have regular. Sorry.

Some backing up,

Now I canā€™t write as eloquently as some, so Iā€™m going to quote someone here.

I agree. Most of the time(and I quote Most of the time) regulars are generally more responsible and give better, more helpful posts. Remember Tl3+? They got to those positions because they were helpful and trustworthy.

Sorry for the lengthyish post all.

2 Likes

I created my devforum account in 2017, was one of the first to get in through the current ā€œNew Memberā€ process in 2019, and started being active on the forum in 2020.

Donā€™t judge a book by its cover. :wink:

2 Likes

ā€œnot activeā€
ā€œ965 daysā€
3 years = 1095 days :ohmy:

2 Likes

Iā€™ll be honest your rants showing that you ā€˜deserveā€™ a rank or new position in the Developer Forum just shows youā€™re main goal in the Developer Forum is not to contribute anything helpful for the community of the Developer Forum, but to only gain a role to gain certain ā€œprivilegesā€, which most Members just want Regular is only to be able to post in #lounge, plus you based on your statements

Letā€™s be clear here for a minute, the ā€˜perksā€™ you mean is no other than being able to post in #lounge or other restricted categories as being trusted, for your contribution. Honestly, people who think they ā€˜deserveā€™ or expecting something in-return, shouldnā€™t be rewarded, I myself didnā€™t even think or expect to get the ā€˜Regularā€™ role, nor did I try to think or obsess in trying to obtain the rank.
In general, Iā€™d like to point out that people expecting something or think they ā€˜deserveā€™ something dosenā€™t really deserve it if their mindset are like this.

6 Likes

Perks mean things like website/studio bugs, features, and requests. Those are the only thing that most people were talking about. I donā€™t even know what #lounge is?

Im not even a regular but i will voice my opinion. The regular system was an important system for bug report posts both when the forum was application based acceptance and when the forum wasnt. Due to the prevelance of badge farming and people ā€œgrindingā€ the forum opening the floodgates to bug reports would just cause people to cast their rod in hopes it would land them a badge in some cases.

As in all things i feel people would use this sincerely but doing so would put it at great risk of wasteful posts being made.

For all bug reports you could probably just message an admin and there are other alternatives ways to post bug reports, ive even seen users reply to announcements with bugs they found in a new system or thing that was added.

A viable replacement for regular still to my knowledge hasnt been formatted or blueprinted in a way that would prevent insincere individuals from taking advantage just to get the tag.

Now i am going to support your cause a bit due to the lack of information provided as to when a new system will be created, but I dont really feel personally it would affect me at this point whether I could or not.

What I want the forum staff to do is make sure they take their time formulating a way to prevent forum tryhards which has unfortunately became an epidemic.

2 Likes

You donā€™t need regular to submit them.

3 Likes

WOW I HAD NO IDEA THIS POST GAINED SO MUCH TRACTION OMG!

MODS, YOU CAN SHUT THIS POST DOWN BUT OML @Crazedbrick1 YOU WERE RIGHT THIS TURNED INTO A FULL-ON WAR!

2 Likes

Iā€™ll be honest you donā€™t need those just to post bug reports, you can either go to Support - Roblox and report the bug there, or if in the Developer Forum you could just go to @Bug-Support, to report bugs around the platform. You donā€™t need the ā€œRegularā€ role to do so.

Iā€™ll be honest, this does not start a ā€œwarā€ weā€™re simply expressing each otherā€™s opinions and thatā€™s not conflict, and itā€™s simply expressing what we thought.
Iā€™ll be honest, posting this in the thread rather than flagging clogs the thread, and not to be rude, but itā€™s like going to a group wall and saying ā€˜ban this userā€™ instead of going to the profile of the user and use the report feature.

3 Likes

A regular system is coming about, be patient. I donā€™t even know why this is a post, the new regular system being worked on has been common knowledge for a while.

Making redundant posts like these (which have been reposted over and over) will do nothing.

2 Likes

I joined the forum via application in 2017 and Iā€™m still a member (I couldnā€™t care less about my trust level, Iā€™ve successfully gotten bug fixes using the method intended for members). I only became active on this forum during the end of summer due to utter boredom from the pandemic. Itā€™s not a good look to judge someoneā€™s potential by how long theyā€™ve been a member for.

1 Like

Iā€™m not saying that. If you saw my other post and his posts he also claimed to not be active, yet also been on here 965 consecutive days when 3 years is roughly 1070 days-ish.

1 Like

I guess it would be ok to have a new regular system in place, but there isnā€™t exactly a point. If you have a bug report contact roblox support on their support website, no need to make a bug report post here. If you have a suggestion again just contact roblox support and suggest it, no need to make a post here. Really regular has no point as members can just contact roblox support and do the same things.

1 Like

What Iā€™m talking about is how if you post it there THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of people can see it and try to solve problems, and have you seen the state of @Bug-Support?
I asked them this on MARCH 9TH still havenā€™t responded:

Iā€™m not a Developer Engagement Team Member, and you expect to rant and rant that they open up the rank of Regular despite the fact they have no new system implemented for post approval. If you keep on suggesting that they open Regular without a proper system or they open #bug-reports to Members then youā€™re clearly making a big mistake.

Letā€™s also be practical for a minute, some people here in the Developer Forum, donā€™t bother about those things and are only eager for the Regular promotion as they see this as some sort of ā€œimportant statusā€, and if youā€™re justifying the fact and rant that they open up Regular without a proper system, itā€™s a huge mistake, and without proper limitations being in-place the forum would be torn apart.

Then you should still wait, as thereā€™s no other options available right now, or you could just go to Support - Roblox and choose the bug report option

the ā€œprivilegesā€ you mention doesnt even cover the main topics.

1. Bug reports
  2. Feature requests

Will you please reread the top? Iā€™m simply stating that some Members are like this, not to mention thereā€™s already @Bug-Support and Support - Roblox to report bugs, or feature requests, basically Iā€™m stating that some Members just use these as excuses to rant to bring back the Regular role, when surprisingly, everybody dosenā€™t even realize that the Roblox Developer Engagement Team are probably finding solutions to the current situation, ranting and stating that ā€œto post bug reports or features requestsā€ is still not an excuse and you could just use the given temporary resources, and dosenā€™t need the ā€œRegularā€ role.

1 Like