A quick way to detect exploiters that use Electron

Anyone who has level-7 access to the VM.

you are not him because you keep playing a cat and mouse game

1 Like

Yeah… but then you get detected

1 Like

Except they can’t patch my detections, so there’s no game here, I’m the winner.

1 Like

Are we seriously doing this again?

you just admitted you will lose at some point

1 Like

I do not understand your point, releasing a detection took 6 minutes of my free time, patching it will take hours for them. I always have more in my notes. I also don’t quite see where I explicitly said that I “will lose at some point”? :thinking:

The majority of well developed scripts / exploits are reliant on hooking namecalls and registries.

Regardless of whether or not this will be patched, saying something like “never hook metamethods” is a very ambiguous statement.

2 Likes

Funny because electron namecalls, index, and nexindex could get detected on the v2, v2 detections still work for v3

1 Like

I recall hearing that it’s always important to wrap hooked methods with newcclosure. This file might be there to weed out injected scripts which fail to take those precautions.

Every Metamethods hooks already uses newcclosure by default, so It doesn’t really matter If an exploiter use newcclosure or not.

Well-developed exploits should not rely at metamethod hooks at all.

Or, at least, don’t make them (custom “hookmetamethod”, “hookfunction” functions) from the Luau side,
if you don’t want to get your hooks detected in 10 lines via basic, decade-old public detection, a timing check, or a return (RET) check. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

detecting electron???
either we arent on the same page or you are detecting electron apps like discord

Electron is, indeed, a tool for building closs-platform apps.

But, Electron’s name is also shared with an exploiting tool for Roblox, which is aganist the ToS. That’s what we are detecting here.

1 Like

Wow you’re so good musli(my little pookie bear)

3 Likes

Closs-platform apps are really my favorite type of apps!

Honestly anti-cheat isn’t up to us, in a sense we can make our code clean and secure to a certain degree, but after test this and many other anti-cheats, I haven’t found anything that is 100% secure because of how roblox works. Nothing can stop them, and the level they are on, far out weighs what roblox has put money into IMO. I am not saying roblox isn’t doing anything, they just aren’t on that same level. The motivation to make a cheat is astronomical to how much it cost to make anti-cheat. I have seen some profits from roblox cheats and its horrible how much money they make. One day, far from now, I think roblox will develop something better.