Hello developers. I have been recently working on this Roblox to Discord system which allows games to check if a player is in a server.
How does this work?
- The place makes the request
- The external server receives the request and analizes it.
- If the request has been made from a game that is binded to the target server the system will continue the checks else will return http code 401 (Unauthorized)
- The system checks if there is a user in the server with a nickname equals to the passed username
- If everything is successfull the server will grant the data.
I’m planning to add more features to this system:
- Check if a player has a role in a server
- Improve the security as now the system can be exploited. I’m obviously not going to tell why to avoid any risk and it’s for this that the system is not public. I will add a tokens system so users will have to generate a token from the Discord server and then pass it in the request.
- Add a verification system, so users will be able to verify their roblox account as they would do with bloxlink so checking if there is a user with a nickname equals to the specified username will be easier.
Bind requests are stored into an external database and are deleted after 10 minutes from when they are made if they don’t get accepted. Bound servers are also stored into the external database.
This system is based on the fact that roblox allows only one account to have a specific username.
Let me know if you have any feedback.