Ability to Archive Clothing Assets

Probably?
Roblox Support in general is entirely useless. For whatever reason they don’t have a coherent policy around someone admitting they made a mistake and intend to fix it.

I once tried to email Roblox Support to remove a classic clothing asset because I think it might violate the rules and I got this very bizzare response:

“try it to remove it myself”? What? If I could remove it myself I wouldn’t have requested assistance from Roblox Support.

If you have an item that might violate copyright like a corporate logo, your best bet is to send it to Copyright_Agent@roblox.com, they at the least will acknowledge the issue, promise to delete the items within a set period of time, and also promise you will not be moderated in the meantime since you linked those items to the copyright agent.

The issue with them is that they don’t follow through with requests at all. That’s just copyright stuff.

Roblox Customer Support would seem to be the logical choice to request items to be removed if it may violate some other rule. When the rules get updated and something has already been uploaded may violate the new rule, it would seem logical that a system would be inplace so users can comply with the rules since there’s no way on the users end to delete any classic clothing assets other than taking them off-sale.

Roblox Customer Support doesn’t even do what the Copyright Agent does. Roblox Support takes forever to acknowledge the issue, makes zero promises on anything, and eventually will say “We can’t do anything about this/We cannot delete classic clothing assets”.

This discrepancy in expected responses from both the Copyright Agent and Roblox Support is astounding. One is useless and the other is a liar.

1 Like

it seriously feels like they just want us to be banned permanently, they don’t need us anymore. i’m going to ship a new account to own things as we speak incase if i do get banned.

tysm for this

2 Likes

Yes, this is the standard Copyright Agent response.
The problem is there is no evidence that the Copyright Agent actually honors or follows through with requests to delete classic clothing assets. They will say they will delete the assets and won’t issue any strikes/moderation, but people on the developer forum have said that nothing ever gets deleted and some have gotten strikes/moderated anyway even after waiting years.

1 Like

For a nearly 2 decade old platform, you expect at least expect support to help you out. Roblox is really disappointing, I can’t believe I really put my time into this platform and all I get is this.

2 Likes

Yup. Pretty much. In May of 2023 Roblox announced that this year, in 2024, that there will be Asset Privacy for “All Asset Types”. It doesn’t go into further detail, but “All Asset Types” should include classic clothing. So far there’s been an Audio Update last month that’s had some mixed responses. Roblox also has a history of not following through or delaying certain updates.

Creator Roadmap pt. 4 of 4

1 Like

Solution:

• Clothing that have had no sales can be deleted with no issue.
  • Clothing that have had sales can only be deleted if you have enough balance to refund all buyers (excluding deleted accounts).

This would work with the existing refund system. It’s better than emailing the ineffective copyright agent and would also save the copyright agent a lot of work. Please make this a higher priority, Roblox.

4 Likes

same thing here, they’re not doing their job.

2 Likes

The wording of this email is absolutely maddening.

“No strike or moderation should be applied to your account as a result of this request”
Not “No strike will be applied” , "No strike “SHOULD" be applied.” It still creates that aurora of uncertainty.

There’s still zero proof the copyright agent deletes anything requested by anyone who uploaded anything.
Something has to be done. Its unacceptable.

2 Likes

They spent a lot of money and a lot of research into making the worst copyright system possible.
Like, because of the word “should”, we can’t even sue them if they terminate our account. And, like you said, all the messages they send create an aurora of uncertainty, making us unable to really know what they’ll do or what they promised to do.
And by doing that, they of course protect themselves from being sued since they didn’t guarantee any commitment.

Hope this will change in the future.

2 Likes

The biggest problem with their support team and their ToS is that nothing is really promised in their messages, so there’s nothing we can do against them if they chose to moderate your account for no reason.

For instance, in the following message, you can see that everything they say is uncertain, making them protected from being sued or being contradicted. That’s definitely unfair and unacceptable, but there’s nothing we can really do.

So, for instance, we can see in this email that NOTHING is guaranteed, so they can basically do whatever they want:

• Instead of saying that they WILL complete our request, they say that they AIM TO complete it. Meaning that if they don’t, they legally just failed their goal, and we can’t do anything about it.
  • They also say that some content may take longer to remove, without giving a maximum delay. So by doing that, it legally means that they can proceed our request in 4B years when humanity will basically not exist anymore.
  • And moreover, they dare to say “no strike or moderation SHOULD be applied”. But it legally means that, if you receive a strike, then it was just a “mistake” but they will not remove it from your account. And once again, that level of uncertainty means nothing is guaranteed and promised.
  • And finally, they say that “they will assist us further” if our account gets a strike or a moderation action, instead of saying that they will help us getting the strike removed. So they will basically just say that you should have read the ToS bla bla bla we don’t care.

Their legal policy was just made by clown lawyers so that they’re safe and no one can sue them. Doing that is just ashamed for such a big company.

3 Likes

Exactly.

It really makes one think if Roblox has a single shred of credibility. They’ll gladly aquiesce to requests by people who claim to have a copyright claim on any asset you made, remove it and give you a strike, but if you want to be pro-active and correct your own mistakes Roblox won’t help at all.

Creator Road Map Part 4
There’s supposed to be an update this year, announced way back in May of 2023, that we’ll get privacy for “all asset types”. Of course in typical Roblox fashion, they didn’t elaborate what “All asset types” even means.

Is Classic Clothing even classified by Roblox under the term “Asset” to fit that definition or is it something else?

It doesn’t even say when in 2024. Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall? Who knows?
Other updates gave a “Mid 2023” or “Late 2023”, but this “Privacy for all asset types” is an extremely vague 2024. Classic Clothing assets have existed since the very dawn of Roblox as a gaming platform and they’ve been dragging their heels for over a decade to implement some kind of system where uploaders can take some action on getting rid of clothing assets they don’t want on the platform anymore so they don’t need to worry about finding out Copyright exists or they can easily comply with updated rules without needing to worry.

This is a kind of thing where a Digital Bill of Rights would come in handy as the internet becomes increasingly more pervasive as time marches on.

2 Likes

Yep, the roblox moderation is just fraudulent right now…

2 Likes

Here is a mirroring post I made on the Improvements to DMCA System about an email I received from the Copyright Agent. I posted it here because I consider the issues linked, both the ability to archive clothing assets and reforming the DMCA system

Improvements To DMCA system

I got this rather strange email that says,

1. They couldn’t even verify that my account is the owner of the uploaded assets I want removed. (Ok, that’s really strange). I have no idea which items they’re referring to.
  2. The email also lists the ipcontent_removal_request@roblox.com email. Hold on, I thought this email was dead. I thought all content removal requests are supposed to be direct at the Copyright_Agent@Roblox.com.

What is even going on? Nothing makes sense.

I’m gonna bump this thread to say this is incredibly essential, especially since official documentation still incorrectly claims that copyright_agent@roblox.com is the correct place to contact for asset removal.

It’s incredibly saddening that they lie like this considering I genuinely believed them, thinking that email was a legitimate legal issue handler, but it turns out it’s just a redirect to the regular support form and by no means should be treated as an archival helper.

On top of that, any emails to said email will not be taken seriously, as any archival/removal requests sent there (that aren’t actual full on DMCA claims against someone else) will not get actioned on.

Wall of text source for this claim

Source: About 8 months ago I sent in a wall of links of clothing assets I created, asking for them to be archived/removed (as previous takedown strikes have told me to archive my assets via these instructions Assets | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub which are incorrect as this is not an option) and TO THIS DAY none of them have been archived nor outright removed.

On top of that, an asset in that list got me my third strike and it took almost 8 months straight of repeating myself pointing multiple support tickets to the original ticket, only to get 1 of 3 different interchangable lies in response:

1. The linked ticket does not exist/they cannot find the ticket - If true, why change the story multiple times
  2. The striked assets are not in the list on the linked ticket - Ctrl+F on my own end says otherwise
  3. The ticket had no asset removal requests in it - If so, then what was the ticket apparently about?

After almost 8 months of pure suffering, I got unbanned - they outright refused to acknowledge any mistake on their end, told me it was “a one time exception” like they were showing me some sort of mercy as if it was my fault that they redirect their apparent legal matter handling email to the regular legally disabled “suppport” “team”

TL;DR - copyright_agent@roblox.com WILL NOT HELP WITH ARCHIVAL - THIS EMAIL IS A REDIRECT TO THE NORMAL SUPPORT TICKETS

2 Likes

This thread has been around for 4 years now.

It’s now up to the point where we can officially confirm without a hint of doubt that the Copyright Agent does not carry out requests for asset removal or honor promises protect anyone from any moderation or strikes for having made the requests in the first place.

We’ve all been investigating the mystery as to why the Copyright agent is slow, exploring options to delete assets, sharing our experiences, and now can confirm that the Roblox Copyright Agent brazenly lies and fools users into thinking they’ve done the right thing in sending requests to them for assets to be removed.

2 Likes

I vouch for this idea.

As a clothing designer myself. I and fellow designers are concerned that things we made in the past would soon come to bite us in the back.

We need archiving our clothing to exist so that us designers do not get into trouble and risk having our work fade away.

2 Likes

OMG IT WORKED

2 Likes

going to be watching this like a hawk to see if it really works…

will you keep us updated if any asset has actually been deleted?

Edit:

Hold on, which email did you use?

Edit #2:

Can confirm, something is definitely developing.
Listed items can no longer be found on the catalog.

I got a response as well! Only took 400 days!

And they didn’t actually delete anything!

They didn’t delete any of the “Image” assets I requested… however, for all of the clothing assets I requested, they simply just hid them from the Catalog. The assets still exist and can still be downloaded/worn, they just can’t be viewed on-site and redirect to the main Catalog page.

Not what I wanted, but at least nobody can find them now…?

2 Likes