Creator Roadmap (Pt. 4 of 4) - Creator Hub is your key to success

Hello Creators,

Nick and Tian here to share the final installment of the Creator Roadmap: Creator Hub is your key to success. As you read through, please keep in mind that the Roadmap is not an exhaustive list of everything we’re building. While this is the last update for now, the Roadmap will continue to be a living resource for you—we’ll continue to publish updates throughout the year in order to give you the best guidance possible around what we’re prioritizing.

Creation on Roblox is constantly evolving, and so do your needs as you explore the range of development tools on the platform. Creator Hub will soon be the place for you—and Creators of any skill level—to learn, grow, and contribute to the evolution of the platform. We’re bringing you new tools to help you interpret analytics so you can identify key opportunities to grow your experience. It will also be easier to manage the growth of your teams through the addition of finer controls over different permission levels, including experience ownership.

It goes without saying that we’re looking forward to hearing your thoughts, and we hope you’re just as excited for the future of creation on Roblox as we are. Remember to mark your calendars and join the “Ask Me Anything” session with Dan and Manuel on Wednesday, June 7th here on the Forum. The AMA will be run from 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM PT so show up early to get your questions in!

Nick & Tian

197 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 10 minutes.

Love to see the emphasis on collaboration. Will we also be seeing per-experience revenue split options for groups in the future?

39 Likes

I read Error Reporting on the dashboard so I’ll leave my two cents on what I want here

I want the ability to publish my own log files to the Creator Dashboard if this publishes onto there. Lua errors aren’t always enough for diagnosing issues, having full depth log files could be more useful

local ErrorReportingService = game:GetService("ErrorReportingService")

ErrorReportingService:Publish("RunLog", {
  Type = "Warning",
  Message = "Something bad happened",
  StackTrace = {}
})
34 Likes

My team suffered from the inability to move our experience to a group during our time at Roblox and we were even unable to receive support from any of our staff contacts for it. It’s still something that we desire to do so we aren’t dependent on a single uploader to get our content published and can give more flexibility and update control to the rest of our team. Hope this one survives discussion and such - this is super important, group games are the future for so many projects and just enable much better collaboration. Thank you for the attention to community requests, please let this one stay.

Furthermore, I’m quite excited about the Open-Source Documentation note. As a developer who loves to offer help, advice and write resources whenever I’ve got the time, being able to become a contributor to the documentation to create articles or get changes through that I otherwise have to wait a long time for IX to address would be a blessing. Documentation is very plentiful but still lacking in a lot of areas, especially with regards to articles that can empower the learning experience to new concepts. Documentation is so important for developers of all levels.

Although my interest is more in the other weekly releases which I had much more to say, this final part of the roadmap release confirms to me that all of the major development requests I have that will better empower my ability to use this platform (sans the lack of selective replication and remote reliability control, though that’s a specific technical feature and I hope that’s coming sometime) have been considered by product - now it’s only a matter of the roadmap having those features survive, if not for the considered timeline then at least reconsidered for the future.

I’m keeping my trust and faith in the teams to deliver. My team is a bit more pessimistic than I am, but this communication is enough for me. I’ll start singing praises and be able to both cater and develop more experiences if a lot of this can see through to the end.

Thank you Nick and Tian immensely for being the most communicative product leads I’ve heard from in a long time, even doing so much as to update the high-level roadmap. The first step is always the communication, to which we lacked greatly - now it comes down to seeing this roadmap through, to the best of the platform’s capability, in lockstep with the developer community.

73 Likes

Finally some news for the horrible audio update!

42 Likes

Does this finally mean we will be able to transfer games from our profile into a group? If so, really excited!

P. S. Really excited to see a whole revamp of groups, it feels like they have been left behind in terms of functionality and confusing permissions systems.

50 Likes

Love to see the creator roadmap expanding! One question, where exactly on the forum will we be able to ask questions? Will there be a pop-up somewhere or a post made whereby users can reply to ask questions?

21 Likes

I can’t stress this enough. Please do not let this become the audio update part 2.

I am still being heavily affected by the audio update extremely negatively. It’s caused so much frustration that I don’t even know if it’s worth being on Roblox anymore.

45 Likes

I don’t like this idea because it limits us to Roblox’s tooling.

I appreciate that Roblox is adding the ability to see resource utilisation in developer stats; but I want APIs so I can access this data myself and forward it to external tools, for example adding performance stats to my recently released sentry module.

These APIs are already to a certain extent in game. The developer console already accesses several of them, but they’re neither well-documented and oftentimes locked to Roblox’s own scripts. This is not the way forward.

Roblox can (and should) build as many tools as it wants; but it will never be able to outpace the open source community; so why not work with it instead?

24 Likes

Seeing this point on the roadmap made my day. Being able to transfer experience ownership between accounts and groups will solve many problems that my team and I have faced, especially with regards to revenue share.

I really want to commend the team for how fantastic this roadmap is. Thank you for the transparency and I’m super excited for the future!

25 Likes

Looking forward to more opportunities and level ups. Nothing to complain about from what I see here. :slight_smile:

23 Likes

I almost like every change here, I would make a video explaining the whole creator roadmap now

Ok, so I agree with this whole thing, I plan to improve my games (and quit roblox) with the roadmap as it’s a great thing for the development community to hear about

The game owner transfer is a good idea, A good friend of mine @kernelvox published RTX DOORS in his profile even though he wants it in his group (Warden Games), His brother pigykng originally owns that group but now he does, and I would work with him RTX DOORS (only if he gives Team Create Access to me)

The Open Cloud API is a good idea, but I mainly rely on Replit which is free, and the IP keeps constantly changing, which is a bad thing for my .ROBLOSECURITY cookie (It’s for security reasons)

The rest are pretty nice, but some are problematic, I would share my thoughts on everything in a youtube video

20 Likes

Really glad to hear Roblox is finally tackling the long standing issue of experience ownership. We’ve been actively advocating for such a feature for many years. Even working at Roblox it seemed impossible as the platform grew and things became more complicated.

There are a few questions I have about it, such as what will happen to datastores, animation and sounds upon owner transfer. Would there be tools available to help creators gracefully transfer those as well?

18 Likes

Will experience statistics such as the likes and dislikes, the favorite count, and visit count be retained during ownership transfer?

And how will Reputation Ranking be determined for the Talent Hub? As in, what system will be implemented that would determine who’s reputable and who isn’t?

22 Likes

Hey,

During transfer, no data will be lost such as likes etc. We want this to be as seamless as possible. As for reputation on Talent Hub, this is ingesting a number of internal measures within the platform, as well as applicability for the viewer. We call this the ‘Relevancy’ sort, which you can already see when browsing applications.

32 Likes

I don’t think this is meant to lock users out of other alternatives; but rather, make an easier site for young, beginner devs to learn and improve from. Apps such as Sentry and Rollbar are powerful, but I think it’s easy to see how it might be a lot more confusing for beginners with no prior experience.

18 Likes

To add onto this, if any asset can be made private allow us to check if an asset is loadable before we silently fail! Right now, the only way to check this is to see if the asset is public domain but that does not account for assets that have permission to load in the current experience but not all experiences.

21 Likes

I’m very interested in the transfer of game ownership. Does this mean if we have a game uploaded onto a personal account, we will be able to transfer it to a group instead with all of its save data and the same universe/place ID?

17 Likes

Open Source Documentation

WE ARE BACK IN BUSINESS, WOOHOO!
Can’t wait to help contribute :slight_smile:

29 Likes