Ability to Archive Clothing Assets

That they could find a way to work out probably, but yeah that would be a minor issue.

1 Like

Roblox should stop taking action on people’s accounts for DMCA reasons until they implement this feature. It’s mainly Roblox’s fault for not letting people basically help them get rid of old copyrighted material, if you think about it.

If the problem is the fact that many customers bought the clothes with Robux in the past then there are still solutions:

• Refund the customers just like how they get refunded when Roblox deletes an item (e.g. UGCs that are against the TOS).

• If the above is not possible (actually impossible, not lazyness on implementing it) Roblox could still implement this on assets that have 0 sales. I know this is not the perfect solution for every clothing asset but we have to make a start, we have to eventually get to the point where old copyrighted material will not worry people.

6 Likes

Worse comes to worse we could refund them ourselves :smile:

Literally begging for this, I’ve been banging on Roblox Support’s door over and over to take down these items I uploaded when I was just a kid.

They have just neglected me completely it’s so annoying I wish Roblox was way sooner about doing this, the best I can do is just pray because I know Roblox isn’t on my side anymore and may ban me.

1 Like

Emailing Roblox is also a mess, my first support ticket sent, no “Thank you for contacting Roblox Customer Support. We received your request and your reference number is …”, no nothing.

I sent another, it now popped up with, “Hello, you can just archive it”. Which is literally not possible, I sent another request, again, completely neglected, now sending AGAIN, completely neglected still.

It’s like Roblox wants to ban me permanently, I literally have to try not to get caught what I uploaded when I was literally 10.

3 Likes

Roblox Customer Support is entirely useless.
The only way to probably have items such as these deleted is through Copyright_Agent@roblox.com

After emailing the Roblox Copyright Agent they will say “We have received your request and aim to complete it within 30 days”

Unfortunately, through our experiences with the Copyright Agent, none of these requests have been fulfilled. None. You can try emailing them again and again and they will acknowledge that the requests are taking a long time, but they never explain why. This is entirely because a policy around archiving classic clothing items is not established. Its something that needs to change ASAP. Some people have been waiting years. This cannot be healthy for anyone’s mental health who wants some peace-of-mind and assurance that their request to delete classic clothing items that they uploaded when they were younger will be honored and fulfilled. How ROBLOX and the copyright agent has handled this is atrocious.

Oh, and one more thing, Copyright will promise that you won’t receive any moderation or strikes if you send them links to items you want deleted, but there’s strong evidence to suggest that this is a total lie based on what other people have said on the Developer Forum about their experiences. Some have said that the Copyright Agent denies to even have received links to those items in the first place even though the users have the support tickets to prove it.

Whatever is going on with the Roblox Copyright Agent is a total mess.

Roblox Support will eventually get around to admitting that Classic Clothing items cannot be archived or deleted if you press them long enough, but the Copyright Agent doesn’t even get around to saying that. Even when directly asking the question “Why does Classic Clothing take a longer time to archive/delete compared to other ROBLOX assets”, their response is very cagey and they flat out won’t admit that the policy on archiving classic clothing doesn’t exist. It’s just dishonest.

Just got another email from Roblox Support, they said they cannot take down my stuff. I’m completely enraged by their neglect.

2 Likes

Based on how this email is written… it might be thinking that someone else copied what you made instead of you emailing them to take archive anything you uploaded. They don’t even directly acknowledge what the issue is. They’re not saying “We cannot delete anything you uploaded”. They’re just saying they “Follow the DMCA Process” which just assumes that someone else made something you want removed, nothing you uploaded yourself.

When ever Roblox says “We do understand your concern” always take that with a massive grain of salt because there’s a very big chance that bots are reading these emails and blindly following key words to build a reply.

1 Like

That means they completely neglected it and did not check if it was made by me or not. These items are literally made by me.

Probably?
Roblox Support in general is entirely useless. For whatever reason they don’t have a coherent policy around someone admitting they made a mistake and intend to fix it.

I once tried to email Roblox Support to remove a classic clothing asset because I think it might violate the rules and I got this very bizzare response:

“try it to remove it myself”? What? If I could remove it myself I wouldn’t have requested assistance from Roblox Support.

If you have an item that might violate copyright like a corporate logo, your best bet is to send it to Copyright_Agent@roblox.com, they at the least will acknowledge the issue, promise to delete the items within a set period of time, and also promise you will not be moderated in the meantime since you linked those items to the copyright agent.

The issue with them is that they don’t follow through with requests at all. That’s just copyright stuff.

Roblox Customer Support would seem to be the logical choice to request items to be removed if it may violate some other rule. When the rules get updated and something has already been uploaded may violate the new rule, it would seem logical that a system would be inplace so users can comply with the rules since there’s no way on the users end to delete any classic clothing assets other than taking them off-sale.

Roblox Customer Support doesn’t even do what the Copyright Agent does. Roblox Support takes forever to acknowledge the issue, makes zero promises on anything, and eventually will say “We can’t do anything about this/We cannot delete classic clothing assets”.

This discrepancy in expected responses from both the Copyright Agent and Roblox Support is astounding. One is useless and the other is a liar.

1 Like

it seriously feels like they just want us to be banned permanently, they don’t need us anymore. i’m going to ship a new account to own things as we speak incase if i do get banned.

tysm for this

2 Likes

Yes, this is the standard Copyright Agent response.
The problem is there is no evidence that the Copyright Agent actually honors or follows through with requests to delete classic clothing assets. They will say they will delete the assets and won’t issue any strikes/moderation, but people on the developer forum have said that nothing ever gets deleted and some have gotten strikes/moderated anyway even after waiting years.

1 Like

For a nearly 2 decade old platform, you expect at least expect support to help you out. Roblox is really disappointing, I can’t believe I really put my time into this platform and all I get is this.

2 Likes

Yup. Pretty much. In May of 2023 Roblox announced that this year, in 2024, that there will be Asset Privacy for “All Asset Types”. It doesn’t go into further detail, but “All Asset Types” should include classic clothing. So far there’s been an Audio Update last month that’s had some mixed responses. Roblox also has a history of not following through or delaying certain updates.

Creator Roadmap pt. 4 of 4

1 Like

Solution:

• Clothing that have had no sales can be deleted with no issue.
  • Clothing that have had sales can only be deleted if you have enough balance to refund all buyers (excluding deleted accounts).

This would work with the existing refund system. It’s better than emailing the ineffective copyright agent and would also save the copyright agent a lot of work. Please make this a higher priority, Roblox.

4 Likes

same thing here, they’re not doing their job.

2 Likes

The wording of this email is absolutely maddening.

“No strike or moderation should be applied to your account as a result of this request”
Not “No strike will be applied” , "No strike “SHOULD" be applied.” It still creates that aurora of uncertainty.

There’s still zero proof the copyright agent deletes anything requested by anyone who uploaded anything.
Something has to be done. Its unacceptable.

2 Likes

They spent a lot of money and a lot of research into making the worst copyright system possible.
Like, because of the word “should”, we can’t even sue them if they terminate our account. And, like you said, all the messages they send create an aurora of uncertainty, making us unable to really know what they’ll do or what they promised to do.
And by doing that, they of course protect themselves from being sued since they didn’t guarantee any commitment.

Hope this will change in the future.

2 Likes