Ability to disable HDR for Roblox on Windows

Currently, with how my Windows build is set up, I have HDR enabled for my ultrawide (as well as Auto HDR enabled) which I find useful and keep enabled at all times. Unfortunately, this seems to have negative side effects for my workflow with Roblox.

Currently, I use Windows’ built-in Snipping Tool app for taking screenshots of Roblox, whether testing in Studio or playing an experience. Unfortunately, Snipping Tool currently does not allow the ability to preserve HDR colours in screenshots, causing each screenshot taken of the Roblox client/Studio to become washed with saturation. While I understand that this is a limitation of the program itself, it is also very annoying to disable HDR for Roblox.

Currently, in order to disable HDR per specific application, you have to navigate to settings and disable HDR through there, but with the way that Roblox’s clients are released, my settings page will eventually be cluttered with outdated Roblox clients.

I am growing a bit tired of continuously disabling HDR every time Roblox updates, and it would be great if there could be a setting to stop auto HDR from enabling in-client so I just have to turn it on/off once and not on a per-app basis/stop having duplicate clients in applications. While I can switch screenshot applications to avoid my screenshots from getting saturated (Game Bar on Windows has this ability), many of them take full screenshots, and my workflow would simply be lengthened by having to crop each screenshot I take.

5 Likes

They should at least include an option to disable hdr, it doesn’t even change much for most roblox games