Ability to sample part appearance properties and apply to selected parts

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to transfer all the appearance settings from one part to another.

Specifically, I’m feature requesting a studio tool that can sample the appearance of a part and apply it to selected parts.

Use Cases:

When modeling in Studio applying the identical appearance from one part to another is time-consuming because you need to manually set each appearance property individually.

brick-color-settings

In the gif above I’m trying to match the appearance from the left part to the right part as fast as I can, but it’s slow because I need to set each property individually.

An alternate strategy to combat this is to duplicate a part with the matching appearance, but that posses an issue where you need to adjust the position, shape and size properties which is also time consuming.

brick-color-duplication

This is especially an reoccurring issue when matching styles between union operation because the final appearance of the union can vary throughout its operations.

In addition matching the surface appearance properties from one part to another is desirable throughout my development but also requires step by step property setting.

An eye dropper tool is commonly used in other software to sample appearances and apply to selected objects to speed up the color setting process.

Update

I created a plugin for this which can be found here:

and posted about it here

However I still feel that this should be integrated into studio.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I can set the visuals at a faster pace and focus more on other parts of the game developer process.

5 Likes