Appearance Sampler Plugin

Hello,

I recently created a part appearance sampler plugin which lets you harness the power of the “eyedropper”.

What this plugin does:

This plugin allows developers to quickly mirror the appearance of any BasePart instance to another BasePart instance. Currently it is a slow, step by step process to apply the appearance settings to match the appearance from one part to another. This plugin significantly speeds up that process.

This plugin will mirror all of the following appearance properties from one part to another:

Examples:

Set appearance to selection

The selection can compose of Parts and/or Models. If the selection has other instances they will be ignored. If a Model is selected all descendant BaseParts will be updated.

brick-appearance-mirroring-to-selection

Sample then set one by one

If you do not have any instances selected you can extract the appearance of the first part you click on, and apply it all parts until you deselect the eyedropper button or click into open space (raycast returns nil).
brick-appearance-mirroring

CTRL+Z Support

As always, undo history should be tracked. Never worry about a change you cannot reverse.
brick-color-duplication4

Getting started:

This plugin is completely FREE and can be found here:

https://www.roblox.com/library/5286927829/Appearance-Sampler

I also already made a post in Roblox Studio Feature Requests to hopefully get this integrated into studio. (currently in the post approval process)

Feedback is appreciated

Enjoy!

14 Likes

This is really cool! Saves a lot of time! Thank you! Does this also support can collide/anchored?

1 Like

This is helpful, for example, when I have a red wedge and want a block to be the same color, I can simply set appearance to selection. Duplicating to become unused by most developers?

1 Like

I think it would be cool if you added settings, so you can just copy one property without included all of the others.
I think it would be cool if this supported more properties and instances too instead of just baseparts.

Overall good asset though!

1 Like

This is a great plugin for many users on Roblox that are working with Roblox parts and models and maybe meshes?

I would suggest this to many builders out there that is willing to use this for a lot of purposes inside studio and saves up a lot of time while working. :derp:

1 Like

Thanks! It does not support collisions and anchoring properties yet but I’ll consider that in a update :smiley:

I still use duplication all the time when modeling. but the issue with duplication is you still need to set the position, rotate and other properties which is equally time consuming.

That’s a really good idea. Maybe I should consider creating a interface so you can get nitty and gritty about the instance and the properties to mirror. It’s kind of hard to extend this to other instance types besides baseparts since its hard to raycast into things that are not baseparts.

Thanks so much! The plugin currently does not support anything beyond a inherited class from BasePart but I can imagine a few ways to also extend the interface to SpecialMesh and BlockMesh.