Ability to search servers for a specific player

As a Roblox developer and player, it is currently too hard to find the server a specific player is playing in. An ability to search for a specific player via their username would be extremely helpful in many situations. I usually find myself having to scroll pages looking for a specific person in a server to join them for displaying bugs or just playing with them in general without having to friend them. This feature would be able to be used by both developers and players depending on their permissions, players would be able to disable people being able to find them through settings.

Example of such a feature

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my experience as a developer and player because I would be able to save time searching for the server a specific player is in and would help improve my experience on the platform.

18 Likes

Why not just store their current JobId in a data store and have a GUI to teleport to that? You could also use MessagingService instead of data stores.

2 Likes

But will every game have this?

1 Like

No support. Few years ago, you were able to click the avatars at the server lists to go to their profile.

At some point, this got abused alot my scammers. Roblox removed this feature when that got out of the hand.

It was removed for a reason, and I don’t see it coming back.

How is this related to your feature request? Well, this is an example of what can happen if there are public API’s to check for the players in each server. A search feature would use this same API.

4 Likes

OP seems to be suggesting that this feature would only be usable by the developer of the game.

5 Likes

She said this:

As long as there won’t be an option to give everyone access to the ability to search users in servers of your game, I would support this request.

Otherwise, I will refer you to my earlier post for my opinion.

1 Like