About our upcoming Global Compliance System

Or you could, idk, not support china at all.

That’s personally my plan. It’s A. Not worth the effort, and I’ve B. made it a personal policy not to play by the rules of other nations I disagree with, and China is pretty much on top of that list.

12 Likes

Yeah, I think with a game which includes the topics of democracy, freedom of speech, etc. isn’t going to go down too well with the Chinese government. It isn’t worth localising so much content for only a small increase in revenue.

6 Likes

But why would you add political speech in your game? It’s kind of useless to add them.

2 Likes

Is roblox.qq.com safe? It’s a copy but I’m not sure.

any platform

Does this include Linux?

3 Likes

The comments in this thread kinda hurt me. I’m a Chinese person who spends an annual summer in China, and I have done and would really like to play Roblox in China.

2 Likes

I whole-heartedly agree with that statement.

I would try and get into the market if any of my games are not TOO far out of their guidelines, however I will not make the effort if it means making my game bland.

Is IsSubjectToChinaPolicies made? On developer.roblox.com it says here I can see it but I can’t find it.

I agree, the communication is not clear on this point. It would be nice to have specific details, where do we look for it right now or where should we look for it when does become available to us? What should we expect to see?

3 Likes

Sounds great, lets us add curves to make issues smaller while expanding the community at the same time.

chess123mate, after reading that entire terms of service about publishing UGC, etc to China I am no longer comfortable making games and content available in China, I don’t want some country to have irreversible licenses and permission to do literally anything they want with my creations, from what I understand here, if I were to ever publish my creations to China, because of their laws and rules they basically become the “new owner” of my creations, wether I want it or not.
I am concerned about this, correct me if I misunderstood something, but this stuff really concerns me, I don’t think I can ever make content available in China in that case.

6 Likes

I hope you understand… I know myself and certainly others here are not against expanding to China. We are not against the people. We/I would be foolish to turn down more players or more revenue. The issue and concern is about the policies of the Chinese government concerning our games and things like copyright infringement, game ownership, and to a lesser extent censorship.

The only reason China seems to be singled out is it is the first country mentioned for Roblox Global Compliance. As I said months ago in this thread, there will be other countries with similar issues… current and former Soviet countries come to mind among others.

9 Likes

This might be a problem to political games on roblox even if they are kind of harmless the Chinese Gouverment surely doesn’t like american Political Games etc. or some games like librarys exposing them etc. or upcoming games however on the end it should be on the devs hand .

Developers will choose personally if they want to make their games compliant, and if they want to release in China.

Yeah i know that but some developers maybe don’t want because of political reasons.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if an incident similar to what happened to Blitzchung happens at some point, either on purpose or because a developer doesn’t know what the rules are.

3 Likes

How will you check that games have followed rules etc.

For instance: A game that the dev said is allowed to play in China but maybe has something not allowed. How is Roblox going to proof that, and if you find out what will the consequences be?

It would be a shame if people would not release a game to a certain country because of political views. It’s like revoking press freedom.

And this goes for all countries.

That’s up to you, Tawain is a disputed area/country.

What about the actual Chinese people here, like me?