My account just received moderation action, but I’m unable to view what happened because I can’t access the /Membership/NotApproved.ashx page. I’ve tried using multiple browsers and clearing my cookies, but the same thing always happens:
- I login using my username and password
- I enter my 2-factor authentication code
- The page gets stuck on this url and never loads correctly:
If I had to guess, it isn’t correctly recognizing that my account was authenticated through the 2-factor auth, so it keeps trying to redirect me to that page, and that page redirects me to the notapproved page, and it gets stuck in an infinite loop.
So a potential reproducible case of this bug:
- Create a test account that has two-factor auth
- Ban the account
- Attempt to login and view the moderator note.