Accurate Play Solo

Yes.

3 Likes

What are the benefits of Studio being 64-bit? Is it more memory allocation?

1 Like

32-bit studio cannot use (or address) more than 4 gigabytes of RAM, whereas 64-bit studio can use way way more RAM (E.g. If you have more than 4 gigs of RAM, then studio will be able to use those extra gigs instead of being clamped to 4 gigabytes) than it’s 32-bit counterpart can.

There are others benefits (in fact a lot, but too many to list here) too, but the main one still is extended memory allocation.

5 Likes

Finally. No more “works in studio but not in game” like EchoReaper said.

4 Likes

Extremely useful especially when trying to find bugs related to FilteringEnabled. Thanks roblox!

1 Like

Are there plans to allow the debugger to “just” debug the client + server at the same time? It’s such a hassle to debug with APS currently because it only supports debugging one of the two. Even when just debugging the client or server on its own the switching process is rather painful.

2 Likes

We are aware of this current usability issue, and are working on the solution.

3 Likes

Working on that now. Yes hope to have it to you soon.

3 Likes

Can we get any guarantee that Inaccurate Play Solo will not be removed until 64-bit Studio on Windows has been released?

1 Like

Looks like 64-bit studio for Windows has been already released… In about studio it should say “Studio version [version number] (64-bit)”

Edit : As confirmed by @KiIIa_Queen, Studio on Windows is now 64-bit, unless you’re running on a 32-bit version of Windows (which is highly unlikely now…)

2 Likes

Studio is indeed 64-bit.
(I was testing to see if Studio would crash/be able to handle a large amount of memory usage.)

2 Likes

Breathes enphatically.

When?

1 Like

IIRC they said somewhere in February, for the life of me I cannot remember exactly when.

1 Like

As of today, we are now forcing Accurate Play Solo.

Please create a report in the Bug Reports section if you run into any issues.

7 Likes

Why now?

It’s still a pain to reattach the debugger between the server and client. One has to restart Studio before it switches peers. As this post stated earlier:

I really liked classic Play Solo for that it can debug any script at the same time.

It would be nice if this usability issue is fixed soon, especially since the old Play Solo is now removed.

4 Likes

Sorry for the inconvenience.
I have been working on simultaneous debugger and I believe I just finished off the last issue and got it checked in. I believe the turnaround from here is ~2 weeks so within that timeframe you should see simultaneous debugging.

7 Likes

I disabled accurate play solo because I need to be able to move things in serverstorage and serverscriptservice to debug my game. It’s where I store my players data and sometimes I need to do it on the fly.

I don’t need my hand to be held while scripting for FilteringEnabled games, that’s why being able to disable Accurate Play Solo was a good feature for me.

Now it just makes it less convenient that I have to switch between client and server everytime I try to debug something when I was doing it fine before.

6 Likes

Sorry for the long time quiet.

Thank you! This should make debugging easier, although breaking from the single-data-model thinking and debugging will be difficult for me in the meantime.

While I’m waiting for the feature, I’m using a backup copy of Roblox Studio from before classic Play Solo was removed.

I’ll probably keep that copy to also experiment with old non-filtering-enabled things, or play old uncopylocked single-player Roblox games which still work with such removed feature.

I’m curious what the reasoning was behind removing the override entirely. It is one thing to get normal studio users into the filtering mindset, it is another thing entirely to remove support for vital debugging features before the alternative is ready.

Here I am, stuck at an impasse in my code because breakpoints suddenly don’t work anymore, and I cannot check the values of variables without suffering through figuring out how watches work or god forbid I print them each loop.

Let me do my coding in peace without breaking things, please.

1 Like

I use & switch between both APS and non-APS, and the removal of this has been bugging me. Go ahead & keep APS default, but I’d like the option back to switch between the two, depending on my current project’s needs, such as quick testing without clunkily switching between server & client to do edits in studio.

Also can you update this page either way? It was the only API result in the wiki I could find as I was searching for info about it. I don’t like having to dig through old devforum threads to find out why something I was using is missing. https://developer.roblox.com/api-reference/property/Studio/Disable-Accurate-Play-Solo

5 Likes