[Action Needed] Upcoming Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

To add to my latest post, I’m not going to reupload the same thing so I can work on it outside of the group place. There should be group permissions to allow you to use said audio. This way me and my devs won’t have to reupload the same thing 1000 times.

3 Likes

I’ve never DevExed, but I’ve received developer rewards before? Alternatively, it could just be that I have Premium.

2 Likes

Ah yes, the deaf update. Games bouta go so dead because of this. Most accounts that have uploaded sounds are inactive or compromised. Getting them to unlock the sound is simply not possible.

10 Likes

RIP SL, lets hope its not silent for a while!

2 Likes

bruh i just spent 3k on uploading audio

6 Likes

If the audio catalog is going to become increasingly more important and filled, I believe an overhaul is essential. At least with the officially licensed audio, the catalog should have a far better search filter.

We should be able to filter by genre, artist, length, etc. All of this information is literally in the description of the audio. It’s a pain when you try to search for one of those tags, but you get 100 audio that are completely unrelated aside from the name. There are also tons of audio with the same name.

Tl;dr: Add an audio search filter with tags.
(We need a better search filter for the entire site, but I think it’s most critical here.)

4 Likes

If Roblox actually goes through with this, I want to see their profits fall and a mass exodus of players. Would serve them right if they don’t listen to the backlash. (unfortunately, children have really low standards)

11 Likes

Lol nobody asked for this‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

7 Likes

Being a new developer (literally just about to release my game in a month or so), having zero cost to audio uploads is definitely epic! However, my finalised soundtrack, which is solely dependent on other users’ audio, is compromised as they go private on the 22nd, and I will have to start all over. What we don’t know is if these users still play Roblox regularly, and if and when they will make their audio public again! Therefore, having to fall back on composing a soundtrack of my own is quite tedious because of the time it takes for moderators to accept my audio, coupled with the restriction of 10 uploads a month! I’m hesitant to share my personal info in order to gain access to 100+ uploads in a month, but to have this privilege for such information sounds elitist! Consider changing this, please!

2 Likes

We got free audios but for what cost? :skull::skull::skull:

6 Likes

This update, is by far, a horrible idea, Why? Well first off, the new audio privacy feature will forever block audios created by users who no longer play Roblox, or who no longer have access to Roblox or their accounts.

Well, can’t I just re-upload the audios now since it’s free? Yes, and No. This brings me to my second reason, the audio upload limit. I’ve only been given 10 Uploads per month, I realize that I can increase the limit to 100 uploads a month by providing an ID, but I just don’t feel safe doing so. This means just to fix one of my games, it could take up to 4-5 MONTHS, this seriously ruins my motivation. If this update goes out, at least let us pay for more uploads rather than limiting small devs to just 10 or 100 a month.

And lastly, my third reason, Boomboxes. Most people have used one at some point in time, either to troll or just chill, most of us can agree that the boombox is a cool feature to have. But removing the ability to have an ID Playback System to play UGC that isn’t theirs in a game that they don’t own makes the jukebox kinda useless, some people might not like the new audios.

The only good thing that is going to come out of this update is free audio uploading. You said,

Our hope is that by removing barriers like this, it will make it easier for everyone to publish content.

This update just seems to create many new barriers. If anyone reads this, thank you for taking the time to do so.

10 Likes

This change is disgusting and needs to be rethinked. If I want to create free models for everyone to use open-sourced, it shouldn’t be taken away like this.

This will break a lot of models I have uploaded to the toolbox. If I, the uploader, wants to keep it free to use for everyone, it should be kept that way.

Do I personally have to add instructions to the model itself on how to reupload the audio to fix this?

8 Likes

This sounds great and could be great but now that audio uploading is free, we can expect a lot and I mean A LOT of bad stuff…

2 Likes

Honestly a pretty good update, I can finally upload my Audio library without worrying that I will run out of Robux. I especially like that private audio can not be loaded on other games, this stops people from stealing your audio ID through exploits or other ways then using them in their own games!

2 Likes

I don’t understand how bypassed audios can supposedly be a leading factor of this catalog purge when you have ROBLOX themselves posting content with derogatory titles. Can anybody explain how this title even got approved?? This is honestly stupid, disgusting and disappointing and really shows how ROBLOX is steadily becoming more and more automated, throwing aside everybody to pave way for more and more income for the corporation.

9 Likes

Helloooo!!! Member of the Roblox slot car community here! This update literally breaks so many of our things!!! Especially for car sounds!! We do not like this!! It also breaks radios which is a massive no no!! Please don’t go through with this as is!! A lot of sounds used within the RCC are from older uploads and will most likely not be unprivated as their uploaders aren’t active anymore! i am using too many exclamation marks!

7 Likes

Utterly horrible just nothing else i can say, no words.

Why do i need to find replacements to free audio i find in the toolbox because its all set to private now, who went through with this stupid change nobody asked for? How about spending time working on community requested features not this.

5 Likes

So, all my games will be with no-sounds? Ohh, this is the time to quit.

Literally, roblox making another useless update and not even caring for the people!
Yay!

6 Likes

Well, rest in peace basically any immersiveness sounds give.

3 Likes

Although I’m not a part of your community, I can agree; this kills everything. I’m fully expecting a mass exodus of developers from the platform after this. And then without devs to update games and make new and innovative ones, the platform will slowly die as everyone–even children–get bored with a lack of new content and leave as well.

What a way for Roblox to die slowly and painfully, am I right?

Also, yes, you are very much indeed using too many exclamation marks. It’s justified, though.

7 Likes