[Action Needed] Upcoming Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

pretty bold of you to call that garbage “music”

3 Likes

Anything will still happen sadly, its human nature. However many developers such as myself have likely decided to move platform after this change and Roblox likely does not have a choice due to lawsuit after lawsuit.

2 Likes

Gentleman, Synchronize your death watches

9 Likes

This update is NONSENSE! I have place that have many sounds that is not copyrighted, like a elevator motor sound or elevator arrival chime. When this update come true, my place will lost many sounds that was I said.

2 Likes

I’m gonna add this update in the “top ten updates that made roblox players quit”

5 Likes

Pretty sad to see so many developers just go away. But, again, Roblox never had, doesn’t have and never will due to this type of law suit. Again, wherever you developers go, take the motivation from us developers. It’ll always be with you.

Again, please don’t leave yet. Use Strofe if you want to create non-copyrighted sounds. It’s free and helps a ton of developers. I really hope everybody can adjust this new environment of Roblox after the big update.

1 Like

Elevator chimes are easy to fix it’s all depends.

not roblox themselves though
people will STILL bypass and the music companies will see this and chop another tree to make a new batch o’ paper

Chrome music lab is also good for midi music

Well uh,

7 Likes

But all sounds there exist will become private and you will only be able to use those that you have rights.

To be honest Strofe.com has more features than that. But it’s still a nice tool.

1 Like

Yes they have, they work for us, we are responsible for their payments, without us this platform is nothing.

2 Likes

Yeah, music lab is just for a quick midi music file if you need one. I just tried strofe, and while it took 3 minutes it did generate me a good song.

1 Like

Is not a good notice, you can’t use other sounds outside their games.

you actually have a really good point there, ill change my mind about that
and to add to that roblox’s foundational philosophy just won’t allow for contradictions like rolling out updates without our permission/feedback :frowning:

1 Like

Yes but how?

As an example, let’s say there’s a game targeted by these people.
Next time they will join that game they will no longer be able to play their ‘‘awesome and appropiate’’ songs unless the developer uploads something like this. (which most of the times probably won’t happen)

What is the point of this update? You’re locking developers out of audios they haven’t uploaded, but encouraging them to reupload them to their account? If its a problem with copyright, that doesn’t seem like a solution if they can just reupload it and use it freely. And correct me if I am wrong does Roblox not have a copyright system in place? I am pretty sure a lot of audios were taken down for copyright infringement by the automated moderation system you have in place. The fact you made audio uploads free to somehow discreet the fact that you’re restricting developers more is mind bobbling. You should have created a poll BEFOREHAND and asked developers about this change before doing it. Developers are the ones that drive your platform, so you should be more transparent with them and ask them about changes like these before deciding to go through with them.

2 Likes

yeah I meant that they can still bypass AFTER this update

there is already kind of a method

step 1. reverse sound
step 2. manipulate the timeposition property of sound

you can also just do some stuff with pitch and just add a pitchshifteffect
so yeah yeah yeah

Here is an example of one of their own scripts they’ll be breaking:

from the vehicle kit

8 Likes