[Action Needed] Upcoming Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

What is the point of this update? You’re locking developers out of audios they haven’t uploaded, but encouraging them to reupload them to their account? If its a problem with copyright, that doesn’t seem like a solution if they can just reupload it and use it freely. And correct me if I am wrong does Roblox not have a copyright system in place? I am pretty sure a lot of audios were taken down for copyright infringement by the automated moderation system you have in place. The fact you made audio uploads free to somehow discreet the fact that you’re restricting developers more is mind bobbling. You should have created a poll BEFOREHAND and asked developers about this change before doing it. Developers are the ones that drive your platform, so you should be more transparent with them and ask them about changes like these before deciding to go through with them.

2 Likes

yeah I meant that they can still bypass AFTER this update

there is already kind of a method

step 1. reverse sound
step 2. manipulate the timeposition property of sound

you can also just do some stuff with pitch and just add a pitchshifteffect
so yeah yeah yeah

Here is an example of one of their own scripts they’ll be breaking:

from the vehicle kit

8 Likes

Even Google knows everyone hates this change lol.

10 Likes

Agreed, didn’t refuse, contracted. (synonyms of “Agreed”). Later, you’ll find a day where even google will hate it (LoL)

Can I remind everyone that Strofe is here to help on this update.

Users can make their own audio and even download Midi files to edit the audio.

If this update does go ahead I believe Strofe will help a lot of small developers so those small devs I do recommend if you check this post out!!

1 Like

was enjoying this update, tried to upload a song and forgot about copyright, got copyrighted and realized i hate this update and I’m better off using other peoples audios

5 Likes

Same, most of the Roblox audio sucks and is 99% of the time just cookie cutter and bland.

1 Like

IDK if anyone came up with this yet, but if not, i dub this update the…

wait for it…

The Soundpocalypse

2 Likes

bruh stop snitching omg you dont gotta do this

They should be held accountable. After all, this is going to break millions of games irreversibly. It should be their duty to address our complaints, especially since this is the most backlash I have ever seen on the Devforums about an update.

5 Likes

Then you are not concerned by this.

1 Like

apologies, I already clarified my mind changing here

1 Like

honestly yeah, my games r gonna suck now

1 Like

I have a question, does rbxasset://textures/face.png work with sounds. If we can have local sounds on our computer then that is a game changing feature.

Brave browser, not yet. Or duckduckgo, but most people use google and I think it will turn up in brave sooner or later.

This update would break or affect litteraly all games on Roblox, like JToH games have to replace all musics

4 Likes

I had to replace my elevator motor sound too.
I found this sound under creative commons 0 if it’s helpful

3 Likes

Me, I’m against this update because all devs have to fix music system, it will probably have some manifestations for rewert this

The worst thing that will affect all of this is the limited sound upploading. I know that we have to ID verify us, but what if someone doesn’t have a card? Or anything, I can uppload 10 audios now, which is a small amount to be honest. It’s important to change it, because a bigger game developer in solo can’t uppload and change like 20 sounds, it’s impossible. And at this point, it’s already starting to becoming too private from the human side, so if I don’t want to verify my age, or I can’t, like the papers are missing, but I’m a developer in solo, and have to change 20 sounds, it’s not fair and already hits the private human parts of this sanction.

3 Likes