[Action Needed] Upcoming Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

I only advise doing this for stuff not attached to licenses such as sound effects and recorded audio

3 Likes

Free audio upload may be a good update, but making them private and not usable anymore to games is by far the 4th worst update after the sound censorship of 2018, forum removal of 2017 and TIX removal of 2016 respectively. I understand there are lawsuits regarding music, but the music industry should make an exception for this platform though and stop lawsuitting for its usage.

7 Likes

My account’s from 2009 and I still only have a limit of 100 audio uploads per month. The limit seems entirely arbitrary.

2 Likes

Me when obscure 80s Japanese audio uploader: :sunglasses: (a lot of them aren’t copyrighted so their bot cannot detect them)

2 Likes

The same thing happened when mp3’s first came out and people were sharing those freely. Look up Napster and see how this worked out for them. This is no different. The kid’s parent should inform them that they can’t make copyright songs available to the public. (upload their favorite song to play in their Roblox boom box)

2 Likes

This is going to break my popular game entirely, Roblox says i have to replace 453 audios. I mainly use audios uploaded by other people (and so do alot of other games). Looks like im going to have to quit roblox and private my game

5 Likes

if i ever get terminated for reuploading an audio, then i’ll be mad, because i spent real money on this and you’re basically taking it without warning

7 Likes

you’re absolutely 100% right, but the universe sucks so this seems like the only option for now

1 Like

400 isn’t that bad I got 900 audio in total on 3 games :-

3 Likes

Ez just do what I did:

1. Go to the pages of the audios that will be blocked
  2. Download them
  3. Reupload them
  4. Profit???
2 Likes

i heard that bloxy bingo needs to replace 3700 of them because the audios weren’t uploaded under the group. lol rip.

2 Likes

Yeah, i’ve uploaded 3 sounds so far, never uploaded audio before today. Thinking, wouldn’t this just be great, false moderation and account deletion for uploading a toilet flushing sound.

I feel like i’m rolling the dice of death every time I upload an asset.

4 Likes

Ok, one question. If one audio is not replaced by March 22nd, will it just not play? Or will the audio be removed??? Very confused here.

1 Like

400 audios… nah that will take ages, plus i tried making a script for it and roblox moderation sucks so all of them got declined.

2 Likes

No just no why are you thinking this is a good idea just no

1 Like

I could care less if I sound like a child saying this. I’m probably going to quit developing on this platform if this isn’t reverted. I’ve had enough with us developers being thrown under the bus. We get this great engine and an easily reachable player base, but things won’t stop becoming harder and riskier. Virtually nothing is being improved. Why are y’all spending so much time making our experience hell when y’all could be fixing the real problems like faulty moderation, unreliable servers, and extreme costs to develop half-decent games?

18 Likes

I only have 2 issues with this update:
6 seconds is god awful. Keep the current length limit. Putting some background music on a 6 second loop for a level would be horrible.

Why private audios that were public before? That just doesn’t make sense and would break a lot of games including mine. Audios that are already public should be kept public.

2 Likes

Music won’t play all old music are pointless

2 Likes

i don’t know if you can reupload audios without getting a ban, i’m not sure

1 Like

The old Roblox basically got forced to be ruined. It was great to have all the innovative technology rolled out to developers while keeping the traditional things players and small creators loved. Now it’s going to be completely different and with the privatization change Roblox is doing the exact opposite of what they were doing recently to support creators, because a very, very small fraction of them upload their own music or are sound artists.

1 Like