[Action Needed] Upcoming Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

can’t be bothered to change the music on multiple of my games, guess players will need to play in silence :slight_smile:

Lots of sound effects are longer than 6 seconds, and also no music will also ruin a lot of games such as obbies.

1 Like

that’s just another rumor. You can already see people in this thread who’ve DevEx’d be excluded from the 2000 upload limit.

1 Like

Well those games can die off as they’re 99% free models and cashgrabs, the music choices are obnoxious anyway. But that doesn’t include games that actually try hard to make quality content with immersive sounds and music.
The fact that ambiences being a LARGE part of environmental immersion are getting burnt off the surface will mean that a lot of horror games will die, but also very immersive open world ones that don’t have a large player base.

3 Likes

Yeah, it will also really ruin Juke’s towers of hell considering that there are currently 18 realms that house an average of 13towers or steeples.Each has 10 music zones

3 Likes

So, Roblox did it again. Destroyed the career of Roblox Developers. If I got a dollar for every stupid Roblox update I would be richer than Elon Musk! I will sue Roblox because it is just terrible what they do. We, Roblox devs, pay Robux to make sounds and what is Robux? A stupid currency worth IRL money. Basically, Roblox is stealing our own money. Thanks for the terrible update (once again) Roblox. I (don’t) appreciate it!!

Best wishes to everyone struggling with using audio in their game due to Roblox being stupid, Regards,
Flash :neutral_face:

7 Likes

Yeah I 100% agree with you, that game is my biggest concern because I play that game a ton and also sometimes make towers on it. That game will be hit very hard and pretty much any obby game will.

3 Likes

Why is it you care so much about what they think instead of more important people such as the staff of roblox?
It’s not their fault this update happened, and they don’t have to care who it affects.

Reuploading sets you at risk at getting them moderated. With Roblox being very strict on copyrighted audio due to legal issues, this isn’t just a easy thing to walk away from.

Infact, that goes against what Roblox is trying to do so they dont get sued - they don’t want copyrighted audio on the platform. That is why the bot seems to be more sensitive when it comes to moderating audio in the first place!

1 Like

There are lots of obby game that aren’t even monetized, theres a whole tiered obby community if you’ve heard of that and many tower games (nothing like tower of hell or something similar to that), which will be ruined by this.

But you are right. Horror games are literally done for, a horror game with no sounds is like having a computer with no monitor.

Can someone tell me the TL:DR of why people are mad over this update?

All existing audios will be made private and stopped from being used at all in any way (they cannot be made public again)

3 Likes

For now at least. They still can be made public after roblox decides to allow it.

1 Like

So pretty much Roblox is doing the same thing with animations? Cause if so I’m not a fan of this update.

Isn’t it only audios over 6+ seconds though? So a lot of SFX audios will still be intact. Won’t this just mostly target song/music audios? A majority of which are copyrighted.

Remember this?

In other words, they never will decide to allow it, they’re just making it look like they’re throwing a miniature bone out to people to ease the pressure off them. Thankfully, that hasn’t worked and people are rightfully angry.

7 Likes

no, i don’t understand, please elaborate further.

I think all devs hate this update alot. But to be fair you can’t 100% blame roblox for it. They are getting sued over this.

2 Likes

I backed up my most important sounds just to keep an archive incase some sort of miracle happens that actually incentivizes me to come back to the platform.

The fact that my own sounds won’t work on group games or my friends’ games though, is ridiculous. It turns a painful update into an excruciating one. I cannot understate how much I resent this update and the people who brought it to fruition.

4 Likes

That’s fair, but they need to realize that this will have heavy effects on the toolbox.

Throwing a lot of games into the dark will make it hard for developers to work on games which may use a lot of sound effects they don’t own.