[Action Needed] Upcoming Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

I think you should read the whole post first, because you don’t seem to understand how big of an issue this is, with EVERY single audio over 6 seconds being private comes a big issue obviously, especially because most people can only upload 10 audios a month which is not enough to cover the amount of sounds that are going to be removed from their games. The fact audios are free is just a cover up to the bigger issue. Also quite a lot of SFX audios are over 6 seconds especially because a lot of them have a few seconds of silence at the end which will stretch them to over 6 seconds. And finally if a games developer is not active, they will not be able to fix the muted sounds which may ruin or make the experience of the game a lot worse for the players.

TL:DR bad update.

4 Likes

I’ve already managed to download all the sounds in one of my games that the plugin said needed replacement. It’s just that I’m scared to reupload them via this account since I’m under the impression that anything subject to moderation is like rolling the dice of death with each upload. Usually I of course use alts but since the alts are permitted 10 uploads a month I’m stuck in a rut here.

Alts Won’t be able to help anyway as they won’t be able to used in your Main Account’s games. They have to be owned by the game’s owner to be played h. This Update is an entire mess.

Alts can upload audio to a group, so if your game is owned by a group, it is possible for alts to be quite helpful.

3 Likes

time to waste 100 robux making a group

I do realize it. I HATE this update. It will break so many games. Like RP games, horror games, chill games, any game with audio! So many models will be broken to. Like ACS they wont work at all. This update will prob make alot of people quit tbh. And people who make audio will prob just make more money now.

4 Likes

Im also noit able to uplaod all sounds i need for a game. Idk what to do.

Like I saw somebody say once, what happened to “Powering imagination”? Some small developers won’t be able to make that many great games with the new limitations.

2 Likes

I agree with that. They should just take the copyrighted songs down.

4 Likes

Yup. We are all incredibly enthusiastic about this update and can’t wait to make anything in studio and reach millions of players!

6 Likes

Woow now i can create for free song/musics/audios Thanks Dev!

The game is a group game anyways. I forgot to mention that. In all 33 sounds need a reupload. Then still there will be the nightmare as to if some may get rejected or the headache of having to switch accounts and complete a bunch of CAPTCHAs a total of three times. (Since each acc gets 10 uploads) then even if they are all uploaded I’ll then need to match the old sounds to the new reuploads. I really am hoping that any Roblox staff who see all these comments will actually take a moment and think. And possibly ditch this update. If this goes live then I am considering to just close all my games and quit Roblox development in protest as a form of boycott.

2 Likes

Welcome to day 2 of the the biggest Roblox protest in history

17 Likes

thats what im saying they appeal to people who dont even use their platform and the backlash is crystal clear its crazy how they havent pulled this back yet or atleast tweaked it

because theres a lawsuit. thats why

Probably to wipe mostly all of the past copyrighted sounds so they will no longer have a history of it. Just a guess.

are you just going to burn the garden because of like 5 weeds?

7 Likes

In my opinion at least, the number of SFX audios that are under 6 seconds VASTLY outnumber the amount of SFX audios over 6 seconds. It really shouldn’t take a lot of time to reupload the handful of 6+ second SFX audios. Most of the 6+ audios I see in the toolbox are a lot of copyrighted music, which Roblox doesn’t have the rights to.

The only issues that I can slightly understand is the base audio upload limit being 10 is a little low, it should be increased by a small amount, but still, it’s really not difficult to just to do ID verification, DevEx, or use Roblox’s provided audio library.

As for games with inactive developers, again it’s only audio over 6+ seconds, so a vast majority of SFX will be intact. The real problem with this arises if the dev of said game used the sound to activate events.

3 Likes

I’d leave the games open just so your hard work doesn’t go completely to waste, but yeah, continuing Roblox development is just going to keep getting harder if Roblox keeps putting out game-breaking updates like this, so we probably will be better off finding other platforms.

1 Like

I don’t even have an ID, so I have no way of getting 100. However it seems some of the people with 2000 aren’t ID verified so there is some hope for me.

1 Like