[Action Needed] Upcoming Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

I just remembered that stuff like

Sound.Ended/Stopped/Paused:Wait()

Sound.Ended/Stopped/Paused:Connect(function()
end)

will break if an audio fails to load, therefore causing script errors.

2 Likes

thats a shame
why did they need to do this again?
because they didnt do this years before and now all the consequences are piling upā€¦
AND ALL THAT TO EFFECT US???
its all nonsense

1 Like

welcome to roblox, where they care more about the money theyā€™re making than what the users think

4 Likes

ā€œWelcome to Roblox. An imaginary platform. we like moneā€

This is good because free audio uploading but is quickly cancelled out by the fact they are making all audios 6s+ private and another counter to that is the fact they are also limiting you to 10 audios >30 days which is completely silly as audios from people who longer play are probably never gonna come back so games like prison life (an example) could probably have its sounds break because there are at least 1 or to 2 audios from there that are above 6 seconds.

Do you have premium or are you ID verified?

2k audios upload limit are for people who have DevEx.

Hey, Iā€™m not the one with the flamethrowerā€¦

And also why canā€™t you just use robux to upload more audios like you could before? Completely useless update.

Didnt expected less from a company that cant update a single website page (create section) to dark theme

4 Likes

Working with old code is not easy

1 Like

ā€œThe birth of Virtual War Iā€

"Forcing users to move onto light theme, Roblox (automated bot.)

Honestly, I think they should make it so sounds should still play but without anybody hearing if it fails to load. So the scripts wonā€™t break.

1 Like

Canā€™t be Dev ex, iā€™ve cashed out millions of robux, and i havenā€™t got the 2k uploads lol

Only some people have 2000 per month. Itā€™s unknown what the criteria is.

Terrible update. Didnā€™t expect something like this from the roblox team. We only have LESS THAN 2 WEEKS to change everything, and you expect we have enough free time to do this? Please think about it the next time you publish something like this, thank you!

5 Likes

I completely agree with that statement BUT couldnā€™t they have just redone the whole page? or at least the main page not including the community creations
section.

ikr they have like an entire team of web engineers what is holding them back from refactoring it so it is easier to put new stuff in

2 Likes

I have 2000 per month
I have alot of places, bought premium once, 100k visits in total on my account, alot of premium payouts and 6 audios uploaded, No DevEx, im 13, did not give my id, 2016 account. I dont know the criteria to be honest

2 Likes

Yeah also it have been like two years since dark theme was added and I think that creating a system that limits users to upload a certain amount of audio is way harder than changing a page background appearance.

2 Likes