[Action Needed] Upcoming Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

I can not support the idea of meshes and textures being handled in a similar fashion to this audio update. My team creates complex rigs with multiple meshes and then sends them over for implementation, you expect each of us to go into our inventory and publicize hundreds if not thousands of meshes we have uploaded? There better be a tool to make this quick and easy.

2 Likes

Starting to think it may be a Error, As everything you have said, i have and more, account dates back to 2008, Had a old front pager back in 2014, 3m+ Visits on my profile, Cashed out millions of robux over the years, plus Beta too so god knows, i really do think its due to a Error.

2 Likes

Does this not update for anyone else?

Ive uploaded around 20 audio (it got accepted already) yet it still says I have 2000 left

EDIT: Im not ID verified

2 Likes

Are you a verified user on Roblox?

2 Likes

I think the 2K limit is a Error/Bug, so enjoy it while you can!, as i feel it will get put back to the default 10.

3 Likes

I do not like this change, especially hearing how other asset types will become the same way. This just crushes my motivation to develop on this platform.

3 Likes

Personally, I think it is a bad change, because on most games it gives a notification banner.

2 Likes

What should happen is that they should give the uploaders permission to make them private not forcing them private by default. Also 10 is too little, maybe 100 for non id verified and 500 for id verified. Also why would this have to be ID verified. What purpose would this serve, also from what i know under 13 developers can not id verify so they are stick with 10 as the limit also what if your id is still processing, funny how we should verify our id just for more sounds. At least make it go back to the normal price AFTER you hit the limit instead of just blocking further uploads. This is a very big mess, and should be fixed immediately.

1 Like

The error might also be cause my account got falsely terminated 2 times
If you wonder it all happened in 3 days (got terminated, next day unterminated after appeal, terminated again, unterminated next day)

1 Like

Yeah, I can’t wait to deal with this crap again in 3 months when they decide decals and meshes need to be super protected, and then I have to find and reupload like 500 decals for particleemitters and posters, only to find the faulty moderation has flagged them as “inappropriate” and given me a 7 day ban for Knuckles the Echidna.

Also, great job, Roblox. I can’t even fix this if I wanted to before September.

2 Likes

I just think personally this, Error/Bug, is just random, but it will be fixed, Its 100% not meant to be happening that’s for sure!, so as i said enjoy it while it lasts, as that will defo be set back to default soon enough.

1 Like

Getting a break for a month :salute:

13 Likes

I agree that the limit and some aspects of the update could be reworked - but overall it must be done for the future of the platform.

Day Two.
I been watching and watching this. Over 2k posts, no response as of typing.
Huge outrage, some memes, and I’m left with 3 questions.

1: Who Greenlit this Update?
2: What’s Roblox’s Logic Behide it?
3: What Happens To Audio Uploaded With Robux?

The key issues of this is, from what I see.

Small devs are hurt heavily by this due to lack of skill (no offence, I’m a small dev myself but I can’t code or make audio, but there’s a bunch of skilled small devs out there), the sheer number of audios needed to be replaced, broken scripts, what will happen to weapon systems such as ACS, Nocol, Viethin, what happens to the boom box gears, and the 2k upload limit.

Roblox if it wants to keep my remaining tiny 1% of my trust in it, Needs inform us of any update to this.

This is just getting stupid and showing their fall from grace.

6 Likes

they geting a lawsuit bc of copy right

1 Like

Well then if that case why not make a bunch of moderators go through existing songs OVER 6s and make them check for copyright and then for every new asset a bot checks it and then a moderator too after the bot decided. That would make more sense in all honesty.

Not really. Roblox could literally just make it so it isn’t group-reliant like animations, or add an actual copyright detection system instead of this crap. It’s a lazy cop-out made in 5 or so days, not an actual attempt to fix the problem. This is essentially a non-solution to their problem, shifting the problem to us rather than themselves. They’re shifting this to other asset types too which is entirely unnecessary.

I don’t care to hear any more about how this is “necessary”, so please keep me out of it, because I highly disagree and will firmly stand my ground.

4 Likes

Need More? Not our problem
LOL :laughing:

4 Likes

It is their fault. This has been happening constantly for quite some time now. I will say, while the music industry are definitely in it to snuff the little guy, ROBLOX has had multiple chances to resolve this system correctly instead of monetizing kids lack of knowledge of copyright laws to make a profit, leading to a suit being filed against ROBLOX. Now we’re here.

There could have been a MUCH better way to combat this EARLIER on too but sadly, they refuse to make a change until it begins to affect THEIR wallets heavily.

I’m tired of the “You can’t blame ROBLOX” mentality. Yes, you can. A multi-BILLION dollar company cannot understand how to combat copyright laws on their platform?

If they can’t even do that then how are they running the website? Oh wait they aren’t…

14 Likes

i agree in that case roblox is no longer “powering imagination” but “fueling pointless and breaking updates”, if someone would please explain to me how limiting audio uploads and making them free is better than paying for them and being able to upload as many as you need. How this update came to life: Guys we need a plan to stop copyright and destroy the lifes of developers. “Make sounds free and limited lol” good if they need more then that aint our problem.

1 Like