[Action Needed] Upcoming Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

You right now:

xqcSlamHarder

I don’t think Roblox will be going bankrupt any time soon

No matter how much people don’t like this update, I doubt that this will cause Roblox to lose more than they would’ve if they hadn’t pushed this update.

It was either give $200M to each of the plaintiffs involved in the class action lawsuit or cause mass disruption in the player and developer communities.

The only thing they can actually legally do now to make this update better is to give out more than 10 uploads a month to people who wish to not give their ID to a billion dollar company.

3 Likes

again, this update is fundamentally flawed
bypassing community will bypass more than they ever will and it is inevitable that they will find solutions to this
its inevitable and roblox is just speeding this inevitability up tenfold

4 Likes

Audio you upload can be only used in your own game only. I don’t think ppl gonna play bypassed audio on their own game really

Oh! Talking of a rhythm game, what about Funky Friday and RoBeats? These games will no longer work, because they’re mostly based on catalog music.

2 Likes

No in the next 10 days before this update comes they can play in games

Certain people might…
You never know, everyone is different and some people are like that.

the problem isnt spreading the copyrighted audio its using it in the first place
companies will put their grubby mud filled hands on wherever they feel is necessary
this will just make it tons worse

also they said you could make audios public
you know what that means!
MORE ISSUES

1 Like

I am noticing a longer delay to verify my audios than usually : (. Some players (non-devs) out there are uploading a lot of those audio thinking it’s free to be used for every game but they didn’t know about this privacy update

1 Like

I am honest this the worst update I could possibly imagine. Most games are going to be like Silent Films if they do not get all their audio changed within 11 days and it cannot be copyrighted ether. All clubs are going to be closed, most cafes, any music games are pretty much screwed.

4 Likes

They do give more than 10 uploads a month to people who aren’t verified but no one really know what their system is for deciding who gets it. I’m one of the people who got 2000 audio uploads per month and I’m not verified. I think it probably has to do with place visits or MAU or something but I have no idea so don’t quote me on that. Some people said it’s dev ex but I know some people who dev ex’d didn’t get a 2000 limit.

Also, I’m just wondering if anyone knows the answer to this but if I upload an audio to my account and audios go private will I be able to use that audio in a game that I’m a developer in but not owner of the game?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure JavaCoded uploads the audios in Funky Friday

so it should be safe

2 Likes

im happy funky friday is safe!
but…

It’s the fact developers are making money off of copyrighted audios in their game. Not only that some games are making millions and it ruins it for everyone or at least that’s how Roblox is putting it. I could remember back 8 years ago that it uses to be much better, but the platform is on its tipping edge. Player base will most likely drop insanely after this update is out. Sad, but it may be possible.
I also do not expect much as the player base is already dropping quite slowly but this makes it a better chance for it to fall which is not good. Which is also not good for the company itself. The stock already dropped insanely after hours and still driving into the ground. The stock will probably soon not be worth anything.

Well, that’s really really good to hear that at least 1 game is safe!

This isnt a really bad update i mean front page games can really just make their own music they make millions of robux each day, and its free isnt it? 10 a month or something isnt that bad
And bypassed audio its not gonna really exist anymore will it?

I mean, we can bypass the audio limit by just creating alt accounts.

1 Like

hahaha you’re forgetting why they did this
copyrighted audios
and they kinda made it easier to do it with the free audios thingy
so uh
YEAH

5 Likes

This audio update just made everything worse. Because as you said, yes. Now people can upload more and more and more copyrighted music because you can now upload sounds for free and you can also bypass the limit.

2 Likes

We’re going to have to agree to disagree here.

First off, as I stated before, Roblox have had copyright-infringing audio here for years now. They decided to not do anything about it, which was a really poor choice on their end. They could have stopped this all happening far before it happened.

Second of all, I find it hard to believe they’re trying at all. Yeah, this update is going to hurt developers no matter how they do it, and that would be fine with me - if their approach actually fixed the problem.
Instead of improving their moderation AI to deal with this sort of thing, or getting rid of the copyrighted music, they’re essentially removing all music from their platform. Even if this is temporary for some audio, for a lot it’s permanent as the people who uploaded it aren’t online anymore to reverse the change if it even becomes reversible.
Furthermore, it’s now easier for people to upload copyrighted material. There’s no longer a paywall, and while there is a hard cap, the average player (not developer) won’t be hitting that cap much, if at all.

This doesn’t fix the issue they’re being sued over. If they allow users to make their audio public, then we’re exactly where we were before, only now a bunch of games are broken and a ton of audio goes unusable.

13 Likes

I have a question tho.
How about Groups, how will the new audio uploading system work for groups like does a group entirely have 10 limited audio or it’s per user that uploaded the audio