[Action Needed] Upcoming Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

The best solution to this is to just delete all of the copyrighted music and leave the free to use ones publicly available. (Official OSTs composed specifically for the Roblox platform, music that is copyright free (that being creative commons), etc)

If there was a automatic system which detects if the audio is copyrighted while it’s getting uploaded, it should just not upload the audio to Roblox, and giving the message “Copyright detected, Audio cannot be uploaded”, That system (whether it does exist or not) should be improved now to prevent any bypassing (higher pitched, slowed, cropped, etc)

It’s all ideas, and I can tell you one thing.

They’re not gonna do it. They’ll just private every audio. Even if it doesn’t break any copyright whatsoever.

Besides even these ideas to prevent this happening again, Roblox players will still find a way to bypass the system. You prob might ask yourself, how? Well, that’s how the Roblox platform works. Somehow alot of people get away with alot of stuff, this being exploits, hacking, scams, etc

5 Likes

I’ve had enough of Roblox honestly. They hastily add ridiculous changes like this one, then they ignore major problems for years and years.

They do admittedly add some good changes, but those changes are so small that they just get completely outweighed by ones like this.

16 Likes

I have this hypothesis for a method

make the sound lower pitched
slap on a pitchshifteffect
instant success

4 Likes

I love this idea, but that’s probably going to end up causing music companies to throw a hissy fit and sue Roblox yet again, followed by an even worse update as they choose Nuclear Winter in their options.

2 Likes

RoBeats is fine. We’re not based off catalog music and never have been.

Have been having a lot of issues with the automatic copyright bot though - insane amount of false positives lately on the stuff we’ve licensed. Would really like to know what it’s matching audio with because I can guarantee it’s not the actual audio in like half of the cases.

3 Likes

apparently i got warned for uploading a sound of a car engine and it got flagged as inappropriate
bravo_you_did_a_great_job

22 Likes

Are your gun sounds longer than 6 seconds?

1 Like

I disagree with this change, here’s why. First of all, setting all audio longer than the 6 second amount to private will (in my opinion) achieve nothing positive for developers. In a lot of games, people use music, sounds, from the toolbox. Removing that would break a lot of games, and re-uploading them to be able to be used in the game will be tedious if you have tons of audios. Also, a lot of developers (including myself) have audio saved to personal accounts that are used for my game that is parented by a group that I own, so I will have to re-upload those audios which will use the 10 amount of audio uploads per month (which is ridiculous because I can’t upload an ID because I am under 18 and do not have one). A majority of the audio library does not even contain copyrighted content! I feel like you should not have to have an ID to have 100 audio uploads… Ridiculous. Sure, you can argue that it’s for copyright purposes but like, if you’re having issues with copyrighted audios being uploaded, just get more moderators for that specific area…? Honestly, I feel like Roblox is slowly ruining the platform, for many reasons. One thing I do hope doesn’t happen is mesh privacy because… oh boy, do people have a lot of meshes in their games that are on the toolbox. If that ever does happen, a lot of games will be ruined.

Roblox staff, please re-consider this change, I see nothing positive for developers in privating the audios!

13 Likes

Worst update ever, it will break so many old games and games that are not updated anymore…

4 Likes

some are
like say reload sounds and sniper sounds.

bruh why that is gonna ruin so many games

1 Like

I actually managed to replace my games sounds probably around 100 audio using better roblox. However it isn’t that hard to be honest but it probably is hard if your using scripts to use audio and old games will definitely break

1 Like

Pretty much. If you don’t have sound:Play() in a pcall() and if you have really important code after that line that controls the game, it’s a ggs for the script and the game man.

1 Like

As a composer, this has just ruined it. I had a lot of music ready to upload (for people who want to make games) but this came out and now it’s completely useless.

I understand this is for copyright reasons, but years of Roblox progress has been pushed back.

3 Likes

YEE! Thank you so much for this update!!! This is absolutely incredible!!!

Exactly. And for people who put millions of robux onto sounds? They literally wasted so much.

1 Like

you could say the same abt badges but free badges are a net positive ig

1 Like

You’re only looking at the post from the good side mate. But all the audios you have posted in the past are gonna go private and can’t be used by others anymore (like Roblox Animations)

Badges weren’t that of a big problem, because each costed 100R$ and if you want you can make custom badges for your game so you don’t need to waste robux, except it’s not gonna show up on the website. But sounds are a whole different thing. They were expensive. Badges aren’t in all games but audios are something every good game requires.

1 Like

To be honest with you. I understand where you are coming from. But, I make my own audio. I find the majority of music in the sound explorer to be of very low quality. Being able to upload music without needing to pay is an absolute lifesaver for me. Especially if you compose very long soundtracks.

I’m not too sure on the details of this just yet but I am certain Roblox will allow audio sharing for Team Create and groups. It’s not as if Roblox aren’t going to stop us from collaborating. Besides, even if you do not know how to make sounds FX you can just go online and look for some to upload.

I think this update is amazing.

1 Like