[Action Needed] Upcoming Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

4 days in and no response… We definitely lost this ones soliders.

7 Likes

I just received a ban for 7 days for re-uploading an audio named 'InfinityAura".

What could possibly be so bad about the audio in question?

I am disheartened at the fact that I’ve received such harsh punishment for complying with this update alongside another developer I work with.

Why do I get punished for complying with this update?

22 Likes

This just so happens to be the audio I was talking about here.

Making audio free has already resulted in a ridiculously slow approval process, but now people are getting banned for trying to fix their games, uploading audio that was previously approved and not violating TOS whatsoever.

This is an actual outrage.

10 Likes

As a Music Designer & Music Studio Owner, I must admit that this is a work changing feature ! No need to pay anymore to upload sounds / musics is very usefull, mostly when you work in the Sound !

Great update !

I DONT EVEN HAVE A TEAM! I’m a solo dev! This is gonna impact me so hard along with everyone else!

9 Likes

Unless you’re the one making the game, you wouldn’t upload the song. This just makes it so you send a completed audio file to someone else so they can upload it.

Me too, i got banned for dumb reasons

dude this update’s so bad, we’re nearing 4000 REPLIES LMAO

what went through your guys’ heads when thinking of this update? ik its due to copyright but my god removing every goddamn audio in the catalog is a bit too much.

genuinely hope this doesnt ever get through, if it doesnt then i really hope you guys never bring up this update to management ever again

12 Likes

Strofe.com is amazing I suggest you join their Discord server and group

guess we could also say goodbye to rhythm games, lemon funkin’ already did this:
even though it used songs without permission, it’s really sad seeing people’s passion projects just get flushed down the drain due to this dumbass update. i seriously, SERIOUSLY hope you guys take a different turn with this update.

10 Likes

I also recommend if you check out Strofe.com for free audio dude.

No more upload fee.
(and copyright free)

9 Likes

Roblox … are you seriously considering a snowfall sound asset as “copyrighted?”

4 Likes

I worry badly on what accounts get actually banned.

2 Likes

Your kind of living in heaven… call this a semi heaven

That’s if your audio doesn’t get you banned for 7 days - Reason inapropriate

1 Like

this is 100% fake

3 Likes

Two of my public domain mark 1.0 songs got removed for copyright and Roblox won’t help me because they were uploaded to my group. Their copyright AI and support are terrible.

Web capture_13-3-2022_1442_www.roblox.com
This is basically my situation right now

2 Likes

Hello [EMAIL NAME HERE],
Thank you for contacting us.

Unfortunately, your ban was caused by an audio, which has been flagged for the following reasons:

Contains Sound

We are sorry, but we can not unban your account for this reason.

Sincerly,
[NAME]
Customer Care
Roblox

15 Likes