[Action Needed] Upcoming Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

Rip my wind audio lol. Apparently, it was copyrighted. At least I didn’t upload it it was from the toolbox

3 Likes

Don’t speak too fast boi, wait for your audios to get removed for distortion or some tiny reasons and you will understand that music designers are getting smoked.

Hahaha 10 Audio Uploads :,)

Actually, wouldn’t this just encourage game groups to form, which could then lead to abuse from the superiors in those groups?
The more you go, the worse it gets. Roblox is only making things worse for small developers.

5 Likes

i genuinely hope the go back on the idea since its going to probably make 20 - 30% of developers on roblox lose their projects and (maybe) leave the platform

3 Likes

Or the dreaded you don’t own this audio it’s in a group you own so we can’t help you good luck

At least we tried to prevent it. It was an honor serving with you. On March 22nd The majority of Roblox games will die.

3 Likes

They did realize that boomboxes will be broken, and they gave possibly one of the worst solutions I have ever seen.

It baffles me that roblox thinks their players would rather listen to copyright free music from a list rather than their favorite songs. I don’t think ANYONE has ever inputted a copyright free APM song into their boombox and went “Wow, this is a bop. I want to listen to this all the time!”

12 Likes

Depends. If you make quality audio you have chances to stay clear. And also next time don’t insult me in Discord.

1 Like

What are you talking about, ok this conversation is over.

Yes this is over because talking about the past will not make the future grow. But you know what i’m talking about.

2 Likes

Some royalty free music can be pretty catchy, such as songs by Kevin MacLeod. But yeah, nobody wants to dance to low quality rock music.

I really like the idea of this feature request though, letting users play audio they bought on boomboxes. But again, it would be difficult to license, especially since Roblox already has a bad relationship with music industries.

3 Likes

I mean royalty free music from Kevin MacLeod is good. But if it’s from APM music or Monstercat then it’s no. Because what if Monstercat was not licensed for Youtubers that would be hard though. And you know, I don’t want to use any licensed music which is made by Roblox at all.

This feature needs to be SCRAPPED right now. Otherwise many small developers are going to quit developing their games.

1 Like

Not really sure how I get 2000 uploads per 30 days, I’m not ID verified nor do I have premium. (I’ve also never uploaded an audio before this.)

I’m unsure whether or not this issue is related to this update but I’ve been uploading audios throughout the day and all except one audio has been stuck on pending for hours (one has even been pending since yesterday)

This issue is happening to my friends as well and it’s pretty important to us that these audios are passed through moderation by the end of tomorrow as they’re for our submission for the dream jam

2 Likes

You can thank Roblox for making audios free. Now, the moderation queue takes hours. Yesterday my group uploaded around 100 SFX, and still not all of them have been approved.

What does APM mean by the way?

What really weird is my music gets accepted instantly but if I upload to the group it takes about 2 days.

Consider the effects it has on others, like solo developers who don’t create music and everything that’s provided has no musical motifs that fit their creations.

3 Likes

That is strange, because I uploaded 3 at the same time like yesterday and they got approved in less than a minute.

Maybe upload less at a time or something.

Honestly, if these new audios won’t only be music but also sound effects like nature sounds, sword sounds, zombie sounds etc. then this update won’t be so bad after all.