[Action Needed] Upcoming Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

They will be generic, repeative, reuploaded with little changes and low quality, so no, this isn’t saving it either.

1 Like

A valid idea I got to solve some problems with the “Only creators can use private Audios”, is that people who own the Audio can use it too, this would still allow Roblox to make Audios Private, but atleast we can still use the Audios we collected, right? Now another, please for sanity’s sake make Owners of Groups able to use the Audio in their account to the group and visa versa Group’s audios to the uploader of the Audios too.

Like if you agree.

3 Likes

An important note, people can’t play inappropriate bypassed Audios in other games with boomboxes and such if the game owners don’t own it.

[quote=“Zenogale, post:4209, topic:1701697, full:true”]
A valid idea I got to solve some problems with the “Only creators can use private Audios”, is that people who own the Audio can use it too, this would still allow Roblox to make Audios Private, but atleast we can still use the Audios we collected, right? Now another, please for sanity’s sake make Owners of Groups able to use the Audio in their account to the group and visa versa Group’s audios to the uploader of the Audios too.

Like if you agree.
[/quote]

I feel that the only good thing about this update is the free audios.
I own some vehicles, but 99% of the sounds in them are made by other people. This would pretty much break my entire game after March 22nd. I would have to reupload all the audio files myself, over a span of maybe a year.
This platform makes some good changes, but really effects the developers that rely on other audios from other users.

5 Likes

were free models considered at all?
i dont like the idea of a race car that is as silent as a feather…

6 Likes

In my opinion, free audios themselves aren’t really a good idea either.
A significant (50%+) price reduction would likely have sufficed, as making them free allows bypassers to create an unlimited number of alternate accounts to spam bypassed audios to brute-force moderation with no expense at all, much like decals.

1 Like

It’s kind of 50/50 on the free audios in my opinion.
Some people (newer players) may be poor and won’t be able to afford the price, or they don’t want to spend money on the platform just yet.
Other people (game devs) would just be wasting money on an audio, and it seems pointless to upload them when there was a catalog.

LOL. This makes me think that if roblox uploads “intense battle music” then its gonna be hip hop or jazz

6 Likes

Why can’t I bulk replace entire sections???
Doing stuff like this will take up so much time. This update is extremely idiotic.

5 Likes

Depends on upload limit, however even with 2000 uploads that will still take awhile.

speaking of, how do you get that 2k limit? It seems extremely unfair for most who are stuck with the 100 maximum.

It might be based off of account age. Mine was made about April 2021 and I can only upload 10. Other people might have older accounts and will be able to upload more audios.

EDIT: Checked my account from 2018, I also have 10 maximum. At this point I got no clue.

It’s just luck and chosen people however it might also because people are on roblox beta?

There doesn’t seem to be a pattern at all. Or maybe there is, but Roblox is withholding the criteria… as usual. I joined in June of 2012, have been ID verified, and have premium, but only have 100 monthly uploads. Devex doesn’t seem to affect the limit either, as some seem to have 2000 with or without having devexed.

I seriously hope meshes won’t be affected in the same way audios will be. This would screw over the entire platform.

edit: meant to reply to @Fated2Be

2 Likes

What is your total game visit count?

All roblox has to do is fix their moderation, but hey since when did roblox care anyways?

2 Likes

Uhm how does privating the audio help deal with copyright? Why not delete it entirely and not risk another lawsuit? And also one thing I wanna know. You already are trying to improve your potato servers, so why not focus on improving everything else (Including your TERRIBLE moderation, Potato servers, AND the copyright bot) so that you don’t have to work on it anymore? But… I don’t work at Roblox HQ and I’m just a developer, so what can I do.

6 Likes

This script I made might help, its not as easy as a gui bulk replace(which they should have included) but it helps if you have a lot of instances with same soundID to replace.

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/quick-and-easy-way-to-replace-a-soundid-with-new-soundid-in-your-game/1707987

1 Like

Oh boy! Can’t wait to listen to the new awesome copyright free music :smiley: BEST UPDATE EVERRRRRRRRR

3 Likes

Somehow I have 2000 uploads (i wont need that much lol)