[Action Needed] Upcoming Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

At least you don’t have 10 like me, and a game with hundreds of sounds with none of them made by yourself.

Will there be an actual sort for sound effects? I really don’t want to sift through hundreds of songs while looking for sound effects?

Wow. Just wow. I am actually appalled that a multi-billion dollar company is this damn careless for its users and doesn’t even bother to try when it comes to legal situations. They would rather hurt its own developers than to stand up for themselves. This is just sad.

2 Likes

We cannot let this Roblox update occur because of it does every old game is going to be silent

4 Likes

For developers that mainly rely on audios made by other users it really has a major impact, especially if their game doesn’t have audios made by themselves.

Been here since 2014…
even got that stupid crown thing they give to people yet nothing
not even a way to request a limit increase

also, if it happens to meshes, hundreds of thousands of assets would be broken, completely destroying almost all Roblox games. We would have to go back to part building everything

7 Likes

what next, private images and decals? lol

4 Likes

Don’t give them any ideas of doing so…

4 Likes

Although I thought this was a great idea (because i had no robux) but I will have to reupload ALL of the audios in my games and also they will have the ideas to upload SCAM AUDIOS and MORE bypassed audios.

1 Like

why does roblox keep “fixing” perfectly good things

6 Likes

Do you think Roblox will let everyone upload UGC Hats?

they need to keep the shareholders happy so they can profit even more off of children

4 Likes

Right because adding private audio is somehow tied to profiting off children :roll_eyes:

I have a few issues with this update, the biggest being setting public audio to private, against developers’ wishes. Regardless of reason or intention, it’s already soured a few devs’ moods.

My other, bigger, issue is just how long Roblox is going to take for this “long-term” solution for managing asset’s privacy settings. Until they eventually come up with a fix, all audio except official will be Private.

The reason the latter is an issue is because Roblox is notorious for taking forever to find a solution to an issue. Best case scenario, it takes a long time. Worse case scenario; they can’t find a fix and just leave the update permanent, disabled or otherwise. Think the Dev Crowns or Group Navigation Change.

This sadly also seems to be a common occurrence for the company; something doesn’t work, there’s an oversight, etc? Just disable/suspend the update and don’t bring it up again.

I truly hope this isn’t the case for this update, and the company does find a solution, so audio can be made public again in the future, but I also can’t hold out hope for it.

I sincerely hope you prove me wrong, Roblox.

7 Likes

The worst update in the entire history of Roblox, it’s too sad that all the audios that were uploaded will be set to private.

No one will use or play your junk licensed music and no one will use it to play in a BOOMBOX GAMEPASS from an experience.

I used the audios uploaded by other users as a way to find SFX and music for my experiences.

Not everything that is music lasts 6+ seconds, There are SFX that last longer than 6 seconds and everything will be SILENT. And we are forced to replace or upload audios according to the limit established.

The only thing I like about this update is that we no longer have to worry about spending hundreds of robux on it.

During my 4 years and 4 months of experience on Roblox, I’ve never seen a really bad update like this and never been overly upset with Roblox.

THIS WILL RUIN MILLIONS OF EXPERIENCES (INCLUDING MINE). I hate this update.

19 Likes

He’s trying say that people don’t wanna invest or profit off of a game with copyrighted audio, and the same game has a lot of children in there so people call it a kid’s game.

2 Likes

Imagine they remove textures too. That would make the games look horrible too.

7 Likes

This is scarily realistic.

xdd
3 Likes

not how that works.

UMG was not named in the lawsuit.

I gave a friend 200 robux to upload his songs just a few weeks ago rip

Anyways, thanks for this great asset update. Now people will be able to share animations easier and assets will be a lot more personalized. Anyone remember seeing the “for [name]” in the models catalog? That was fun.