[Action Needed] Upcoming Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

They’d probably end up letting you upload only 10 textures a month, and then proceed to beg you to scan your ID in order to increase this to 100…

1 Like

Yeah and every game would just be like plastic, and blank. Roblox is a bunch of sour pusses

4 Likes

I think he means so they don’t lose any more money from the shareholders so they can keep their platform accessible to developers who are minors who give them money.

1 Like

I’m with the people who have expressed their distaste for this update.

As it is, the Roblox search feature is terrible for finding audio anyway, not to mention all their audios don’t fit the needs to begin with.

Additionally, with a smaller browsable catalog, it will be even harder to find audio. Thank you for making my life harder, and adding yet another barrier to entry for development. Not only do I not have access to audios that would be useful to me, but now I’ll have to pay someone to make them for me, so that those needs can be fulfilled.

11 Likes

My new shirt be lookin lit

Roblox please do NOT go through with this update PLEASE

33 Likes

Actually, they were.

11 Likes

Sorry for late reply, but there’s no clear way of getting it as there are people that arent even developers have limit, even some youtubers like greenlegocats have it.

to be honest this is going to be a nice update im glad roblox is allowing more privacy on the platform!

It’s not really “privacy”, they are doing this to avoid being sued for copyright infringement, privacy is just a coverup for the true reasoning. Also, a bunch of games that rely on other’s audio being public will be broken or silent.

4 Likes

Hello. Please upload Sound Effects to the marketplace! When I search up even a simple sound effect such as “Jump” and set the creator to Roblox, all I can see are the same 5 songs reposted hundreds of times.

5 Likes

I mean this update really only benefits the handful of creators that don’t want to have their assets distributed, which is way less than the amount of audio creators that do want other people to use them, even free of charge. Only the small amount of experiences with 100% original or Roblox-owned audio aren’t going to be impacted.

With that being said Roblox PLEASE do NOT execute this update!
It causes a lack of optionality, many scripts will break, and while the amount of privacy will be increased, it negatively impacts the large amount of people who DON’T want their assets to be private. Not everyone is in favor of having public assets, but a lot of people do.

I suggest you put this update on hold IMMEDIATELY and look for other solutions regarding your current legal conflicts. We expect a lot more from Roblox.

8 Likes

This is a nice response. I hate to break it to you but, no matter what we say, Roblox is not going to listen to us mere mortals.

2 Likes

For those who don’t know what music to add to their game the Strofe team have decided to give you all audio we originally uploaded to roblox but is going to be made private.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19o3Sb1DJ2jXY7I4RU9qXluW8m7SEock5?usp=sharing

Regarding to this update those who are effected badly I suggest you to look into the folder and listen to some music we will add music probably every 2 days.

12 Likes

No estimate? why would roblox push out a half baked update in which devs are forced to wait until the indefinite time, atleast prepare options before pushing the update out

9 Likes

Associated Production Music, LLC. It’s a music company

at this point i’m certain this decision was made by an AI

6 Likes

I have a serious love-hate relationship with Roblox. Right now I am leaning towards the hate. Roblox’s copyright bot it a joke, someone uploaded an audio saying ‘hi’ and apparently it got taken down for copyright. Roblox moderation is 100% copy-paste, if someone told me Roblox has no moderators and everything is done by a $2 AI made by a 5 year old I’d believe them. This change is so hilarious, did anyone think about this change, or did the ai write this post too? I know this was due to a lawsuit, but I’m sure there is a better way.

No disrespect to Roblox employees, I am sure they are trying their best, but Roblox as a company needs to do better. I love Roblox, I just hope you can get it together.

9 Likes

uh, maybe because of a court order?

3 Likes

You could loop through workspace and all the models and replace all the ids using a script. It is annoying. I had to replace every single light buzzing audio I had in my game :I

3 Likes

another step forward to increasing linearity and unintentionally suppressing creativity.
i’m so ready for a roblox-killer to come, i swear.

6 Likes