[Action Needed] Upcoming Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

42 Likes

This is near evil. All (favored) audio is just gone. Roblox could have copyright striked audio when it was being uploaded instead of killing off every piece of audio. This is especially bad for original creations and audio owned in peoples inventories. Not looking forward to it :expressionless:

5 Likes

You said it leagues better than how I did. Free audios are nice and all, but everything else, like I said in my message, feels incredibly crippling of what both players and developers can do on the platform. Plus with how common boombox gamepasses are, they would essentially become a waste of money because of this update while also upsetting a bunch of people who bought them in the first place.

2 Likes

Sorry bro but ROBLOX does not care about you

4 Likes

The fact that you can’t pay to upload more audio is an extreme flaw and actually makes this update a downgrade to what we once had.

4 Likes

This clearly could’ve been done way better if they had thought about it for maybe a solid 10 minutes and polished it all out before they announced the news to everyone. But what can you expect from Roblox? They never really seem to learn with this stuff. Thinking it out doesn’t seem to be their strong suit.

2 Likes

I literally have to replace like 80% of the audio that I use in my games. Why would this ever be a good idea? This is going to break so many games. It would take me months just to reupload all of it.

Thank you for notifying us of this change. I have some clarifying questions on the suggestions around boomboxes. This part of the update implies we can search/query the whole library for assets. This seems like a great idea, and something I’d like to implement. However, it appears this may be against the terms of service as they stand.

When we look at the license we have to use APM library music, Section 3.a.ii reads as follows:

Additionally clarifying documents state the following:

If we want to support boomboxes, does that mean at this time, to legally comply with the terms of service, we must select 250 songs that can be searched, and limit users to that in our game? Additionally, what is the line between a boombox and a streaming service, if users can search/queue/manage playback.

Any additional clarity would be nice here.

27 Likes

Developer could replace them with another item, but yeah. There are tons of deprecated game which is still alive and worth to play. This update will harshy yeet all of those game audio and cut the fun to half.

1 Like

When I look in the toolbox for sound effects, I’m not looking for random crappy sounds and music Roblox uploaded. I’m looking for very specific sounds which other people have uploaded.

I really don’t see any valid justification for why all previous assets should be set to private.

6 Likes

This is not even hardly close to enough for people that actually make sounds. I upload 50+ a day sometimes.

4 Likes

Got this same thing too, devex’ed once before. Never got ID verified.

Though I did get Premium a couple times in the past, not really sure how this whole system works… some people I know who haven’t even DevEx’ed nor ID verified have a limit of 2k aswell

1 Like

Can we have more transparency on the factors that actually contribute to how much you can upload?

2 Likes

It seems to vary person-by-person. I get 2,000 (No premium, have purchased before though with ID Verification) but others are getting only 100 even with ID Verification. It’s incredibly frustrating they aren’t clarifying why others are getting more or less, without any clear guidelines on how this can be increased.

1 Like

THIS RIGHT HERE
I don’t want music, I want a very specific sound.
There should be a way to filter OUT Roblox-uploaded audio, the same as how you can filter by user or by Roblox themselves.

9 Likes

This is an awful update. You guys just continue to go downhill with these updates. You removed events in favor of Events made by the Community, BUT HAVEN’T GIVEN US A WAY TO GIVE OUT PRIZES YET, you’re doing this, effectively destroying multiple games like games where you just vibe in clubs, not to mention all the games you’ve destroyed with your updates. Honestly very upset with Roblox right now and am questioning if I want to continue to use the platform.

Every day they continue to drive away more and more users.

7 Likes

Nope. I didn’t verify my ID and yet I have 2000 uploads limit.

1 Like

this is both a good and bad update

boombox gamepass is useless now

bidens roblox

4 Likes

Roblox… you ok? why are you making some many big changes?, first came free badges, then free audio

4 Likes

I think some people have it for a test or something…:thinking: