[Action Needed] Upcoming Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

Not to mention, people who bought boombox gamepasses will be scammed. As they were advertised as being able to play any audio.

Another thing, it sucks that music companies, who know nothing about the platform are pushing roblox to do this. Which is why we have a short time frame. I really hope those music companies will reconsider this so millions of games wont break. We need atleast a few months to do this. 2 weeks is WAY too short. Not to mention, if you upload audio inside of your account, you cant use it inside your group game. Essentially wasting one of your 10 monthly audio uploads. You also canā€™t upload audio after you run out of these, even for robux.

4 Likes

This is probably one of the worst things ROBLOX could of done, yet again ruining things for us developers, people who have audios over 6 seconds with big games will have to spend hours just trying to upload audios because they decided to make another useless update, why canā€™t we just keep it the way it is? Just remember this is really ruining it for us developers out here.

4 Likes

should we protest XD
sorry had to put the joke in (:

3 Likes

I donā€™t care for the privacy changes on the issue as much as me being capped on how many audios I can upload. I shouldnā€™t be limited to some arbitrary value. Add a system like a hard captcha or a puzzle or some sort of other way to up my count once I reach it. I donā€™t have an I.D so i cant just use that

Half of the time I find it hard to believe that there are real people sitting in an office making these decisions.

23 Likes

Also, this could break my game BIG TIME because I usually use the .Stopped event on sounds a lot and if they never play, then it will never be stopped, resulting in an infinite yield, breaking the entire game and getting the user stuck bored and then leave.

3 Likes

hello, i would like to kindly say that this is an awful, terrible idea, and update.
Now i will explain why this update is a terrible idea.

1. Many roblox developers likely have parents who are strict enough to not let their kids use an id on a website that is apparently known for being the reason kids steal their parents cards.
  2. Developers should not have to forfeit their private information AT ALL for the sake of free audio.
  3. theres better ideas you can use to reinforce this update.
    i understand the reason you guys want to use ids just to help ease moderation but you can still make players pay extra for more than 10 sounds if they do not have identification.
  4. this is literally coperateā€¦ uh. 6 feet undering. yeah that. anyways this is literally the dumbest idea i have heard in a full on year roblox. im sorry but this is just beyond dumb. Youā€™re going to make a workspace whos main programmers are CHILDREN. use IDS to verify making SOUNDS? also im genuinley concerned about kids showing their face to roblox consideringā€¦ that one mod RS exposed lmao
4 Likes

I know you do not like the update, I donā€™t either.
But petty remarks wonā€™t help.

1 Like

Great, everyone prepare for a very silenced guns

5 Likes

Sometimes are have non-verified 10 free, ID verified 100 month

And Devs having process are 2000 a month per 30 exchange request however are me still are 10 is most of all some people having Clarification

2 Likes

This is a disaster

8 Likes

please just send me back to 2018

11 Likes

Boomboxes are not a ā€œscamā€, Roblox has provided all users with audio asset Ids welcomed to be used for free and are public. Also not everyone got 10 monthly uploads, I got 2000. Different for everyone I suppose.

In response to you, everything your saying makes almost no sense to me at all? What does parents play a role in their childā€™s Roblox asset id uploading? Please re-explain because I donā€™t quite understand.

Are you for this update?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

ROBLOX - ā€œPowering Limitationā€

15 Likes

iā€™d rather go back to 2017 tbh it was better

4 Likes

If Roblox REALLY plans on going through with this really half-baked update, hereā€™s my proposition;

Please, please, add some sort of system to automatically make the audios uploaded by certain developers available. Make a whitelist system, make an id-based system, even applications if you must, I do not care. I do know that I do NOT want to go through potentially LOTS of audios just to have to publizice them all again. This would also make it easier for people who make free models for other developers to use.

In the long run this is a good change but the time frame for developers to shift is quite short given that thereā€™s no avenue to make sounds public currently.

2 Likes

Why is this bad?

I really donā€™t like this. How will users be able to play songs with the radio? The gear is literally built off the idea that users can play audio they made. This obviously wonā€™t be good because the radio is a descendant of the game, and therefore, as you said, audios not made under the owner of the experience cannot be played.

How can it be fixed?

You could allow users to share audio if they allow it. For example, a toggle in the page where you manage that audio on ROBLOX, allowing the user to choose their own privacy.

4 Likes

ratio + Itā€™s not a petty remark I genuinely think they have monkeys making these decisions

9 Likes