[Action Needed] Upcoming Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

Everything I’ve seen being said by people are all such valid reasons. Having to verify just for more than 10 sounds, breaking boomboxes, practically making a user-driven sound catalog gone, like being able to just search what you want and boom easily get it is what made it what it is.
So terrible.

7 Likes

I certainly hope it is just a misunderstanding and roblox will allow the uploader to change between private and public.

3 Likes

I get your legal reasons but I feel like there were more elegant solutions that could be presented.

How I feel about this is that roblox is trying to make it seem and look that they are actually doing something to prevent the copyright by just doing the minimum, at least its not as bad as every single sound effect and music being removed, but i still define this update as something that may leave a big mark and stain in the community.

1 Like

Really cool to see audio uploading be free. But this is really bad for free models and my horror game that has a few sounds in it that were perfect now have to be remade. This is really annoying. I’m not a fan of them all going private.

2 Likes

man they gon take the monster mash away from me :sob:

4 Likes

oh when i say ids it can be very confusing what i mean.
In order to upload 100 sounds you need to show your identification (id) which is a card. Many parents however would not be very comfortable with their kids showing their id cards to roblox which can limit the amount of developers. which is honestly hilarious cause today i was thinking to myself: roblox is going to have an influx of devlopers with all these new talented developers coming out. BUT NO they make this stupid update.

also i swear to god if you even for a moment act like roblox’s audio assets are good. you must genuinley have hearing issues im sorry but that has to be true. their music is like a potato without salt, without seasoning, without anything, just a potato. its dull, boring, and kinda ugly if u look at it long enough

22 Likes

NICE comeback. Thats my favorite thing about this community XD

3 Likes

This is a horrible update. Thanks Roblox

5 Likes

Beginning of this comment section: This is good
The end of this comment section: THIS SUCKS

5 Likes

clueless “Surely Monstercat EDM music will fit my horror game perfectly.”

18 Likes

Aw, cmon, I already made that joke! …Well, not really a joke… but…

2 Likes

My goodness, I have been waiting for Fee Free Audio for such a long time…

You could have handled this update better but you handled it like a hot pocket fresh outta the underworld

1 Like

FRRR imagine blaring dubstep as ambience on a tarkov or RE7 styled game :skull:

Please fire the guy who thought this was a good idea.

10 Likes

This is probably one of the most impactful example of what greed and money can do to comunities and corporations, just like this one sadly.

3 Likes

roblox stop making bad updates challenge
GO!

11 Likes

Buh duda duh dada buh da da do

Fits perfectly