[Action Needed] Upcoming Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

I have a question. Why on earth can I not use audio I created in my group game when I own the group?

5 Likes

Just a heads up, this WILL make you unable to use old sounds on roblox anymore

3 Likes

There are thousands if not tens of thousands of games that sell radio gamepasses which allow users to play songs from the catalog. How are developers supposed to deal with the tens of thousands of users who purchased these passes and can no longer gain use out of it?

This is just the beginning of it. What about sound designers who need to be able to upload more? What if a developer doesn’t have an ID and cannot upload enough sound effects?

We need a better solution. An immediate removal of all of these things is not the answer.

5 Likes

15 Likes

because this horrible change was rushed and never thought through

let’s be real, they didn’t do this for privacy, they did this because of either copyright worries or a deal with some company

2 Likes

have this kitten in exchange for getting rid of this abhorrent update
thats not cool bro

15 Likes

Furthermore, thanks to version 11.0; making hardware accelerated 3D is easier than ever, given you know the math to do it.

So I love how audio has become free, but if you can’t share private audio with friends, why is it still 3 steps per audio to get them public/private like this:

I feel like it should instead be like this before the push for this happens:

I mean the public/private buttons were implemented on places a long time ago, why hasn’t this been fitted to the audio files before this change was announced?

9 Likes

sponge
Roblox don’t make bad update challenge (it was 5 seconds)

14 Likes

Actually, I take that back. We got free audio, but at what cost?

4 Likes

At this point, I’m half expecting Roblox to do other “Changes to Asset Privacy” in the near future for stuff like Decals.

But anyway, good job on managing to anger the Developer Community, Roblox!

3 Likes

Roblox: has a good streak of updates

Also roblox: unpossible

Roblox:

7 Likes

No words can explain this update, but this can

Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 12.46.21 PM

Who literally thought this was a good idea? I’m at the point where I need to say this update is not exaggerating. The responds are already full of negative feedback, and no one asked for the update where all audios goes private in March 22. Please revert this update, it’s a disaster.

4 Likes

“I am excited about this feature!”

17 Likes

Roblox audio is stupid. It gets copyrighted on youtube why the heck would I use that in my game

2 Likes

This sucks. Let us upload audio for free without limitation, i commisioned an SFX and he uploaded it to roblox because i don’t have robux and now i can’t use it, How am i supposed to reupload 50+ Audios that i commisioned???

2 Likes

I think this is one of the best updates I ever seen! Looking forward for this!

Guys, my meme got flagged and taken down when I replied with mao asking if everyone agreeed ):

for “creating Clutter”

Does everyone agree

(please say no in poll[poll type=regular results=always chartType=bar]

• yes
  • no
    [/poll]
    )

back to the subject, I reallly do not like this update what so ever, it really ruined my future career and I spent almost over 200 USD for my future game and I have to deal with this now. bruhhhhhh.

tbh, they shouldve really though through with this.

2 Likes

Does this mean I won’t be able to use any other user-made audio in the toolbox that I am currently using in my game, and I have to create my music to use?

2 Likes

There are some good things in this update, but there is an exaggerated amount of bad things as well…

The best thing they could do was just to make the audios free, so they could make the users who want to publish their own audios (10 per month, etc.) and know how to compose them; free their creativity, and on top of that add a second layer that only new users will not be able to create free audios or will not have the possibility, until 90 days pass, I don’t know. Maybe, they could add the option of ID verification, but it’s something I’m still thinking if it’s right or not…

On the other hand, making audios longer than 6 seconds private is a very exaggerated change, I don’t see why the intention to remove or hide a whole public library of audios that players have uploaded and then make us, the developers, take more than 2 weeks making our own audios, and it would be worse for people like me, who don’t know how to compose or produce those audios, and have to resort to looking for public libraries to then upload them to Roblox, which seems to me that the only thing you guys are trying to do, is to make creating a game more difficult than it already is for beginners, and to generate fear, so that then developers will abandon this platform and explore new and better possibilities.

Thanks for reading this. If there is something I am wrong about, please let me know.

1 Like