[Action Needed] Upcoming Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

OP definitely didn’t read the full original post + the 800+ replies.

1 Like

I will be moving to godot and/or learn javascript /hj
but seriously every single one of you will have a better time just learning python/3d modelling etc.

outside of roblox:
more freedom with your pay, switching jobs and stuff
larger communities with professionals being more accessible
overall more freedom and not limiting your features to a company with a CEO who evaded taxes

inside of roblox:
horrid devex cut
communities cluttered with children
constricted to horrible updates like these

8 Likes

It does not make sense to go back and private audios that developers intentionally made public. The update should only apply to audios that are not public.

Developers have spent thousands of robux uploading audios with the express purpose of giving other developers and community members access to their uploads.

This is spitting in the face of the developers who uploaded the audio, and the developers who trusted in the system roblox put in place, and the uploads other developers have made.

6 Likes

You’ll have to use audio that you yourself have uploaded by the time this update rolls out or use the audio Roblox provides (that seems incredibly questionable) in its place.

PLEASE consider the privacy changes for the audios. Some users that upload them may no longer be active on the website and won’t be there to update their privacy leaving it inaccessible to anyone in need.

Finding audios that we need is not easy and we don’t want it to become a difficult challenge because of this.

2 Likes

And not to mention they get copyrighted on youtube lol

sorry the poll wasnt working bc I messed up on the message
but seriously do yall agree
(please do say no hehe)

• Yes
  • No
  • I dont really care

0 voters

also do u guys have any ideas on how Roblox can maybe fix this I am very curious?

1 Like

Think further before even doing it.

5 Likes

On roblox, they’re licensed, which means you can use their ip inside your roblox games. As the music makers gave roblox and roblox users permission to use the songs inside their roblox games. While on yt. It’s not licensed

I like the free audios. My issue is the update itself.

1 Like

How would it break those games? Audio that isn’t able to be loaded doesn’t completely error out a script. It throws an error on :Play() but I’m fairly sure it doesn’t halt the script. Please link “classic” games that will be broken.

now hear me out here
what if you just kept the uploading publicly for robux
but added a feature to use personal-use sounds for free

would that even work or would the entire earth explode idk

6 Likes

I know why I’m just saying it’s stupid to even use them then

1 Like

90% of roblox audios after march 22

thanos-avengers

please, don’t do this roblox. this is a terrible idea.

26 Likes

This is true assuming that the uploader wants it to be private. Why is everyone treating this like an assault on their freedoms. If a developer wants private audio, it should be possible for them to secure their assets.

I usually give the benefit of the doubt to roblox and try to be objective
but seeing this comment and realizing how simple the solution was
I dont think I can do that ever again

why does the 13% no one care ):

I shouldn’t have added that in, it was asking if u agree with the topic being removed I am replying to my message bc I cant edit them bc of Roblox having “Limitations” on this specific topic

1 Like

If you’re verified on the creator talent hub you get 2000 per month, I have 2000 per month and I’m verified although I’m not sure if it’s entirely because of that or something else (if anyone is verified and has 2000 please reply with this so people know)?

The thing is, audios will be like animations, where you can’t share them. I’m fine with people not being able to use private audios. But this update will make 90% of public audios private. Resulting in your game scripts breaking. You also only 2 weeks to fix potentially hundreds of scripts. If you dont, you’ll get an error when you call sound:play

2 Likes

I CANNOT survive on 10 sounds a month. I’m making a game that involves enemies, weapons and ui with unique sounds and I will not wait for a month to do something I could do before.

This update does not stop spam and audio abuse - only encouraging it as 10 free sounds per account can mass upload copyrighted music.

In short - AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHGGH

3 Likes