[Action Needed] Upcoming Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

Attaching a “Guys, audios are now free to upload!” will not fix an update that is horrible in every other way.

11 Likes

Much time has passed and my opinion is still the same for the update. I’m glad audios are free now, but this update that is coming soon is absolutely atrocious and I’m not even sure how this was even considered in the first place.

[Action Needed] Horrible Changes to ““Asset Privacy for Audio””

3 Likes

Please revert it back! I’d rather pay robux than to reupload all the audio in my games. D:

7 Likes

Hey, a bit confusion on my end - how would I go about setting audio assets from public to private? Unless the ‘Private’ label implies something else, from what I understand it means anyone can use the audio in my game, in their own games - which I do not want.

1 Like

I think that at this point, it should be reverted.

It seems likenobody here agrees with this change, and there are many examples of people being strongly impacted by this rather useless change.
There’s now a big button stuck on my playing UI, to warn users.
There are also many top developers showing their opinions on this change. Some examples being @Cindering and @Nikilis, and probably others that I haven’t seen.
Please roblox, revert this. Nobody wants it, we would all rather pay for our audios then having all of these restrictions.
More proof is that the community is taking it so poorly, the forums are crashing due to the amount of people trying to reply to this. I got a 502 when trying to post this the first time, now I need to wait 5 minutes to post this. Thanks roblox.
(it has failed 3 times so far lol)

Yes, BUT:

• It will be private by default
  • Games will be messed up until all of the audios in them are unlocked

And to everybody:

The red X does not mean you cant use the audio!

It just means that it will be set to private on the 22nd, and the original uploader needs to unlock it!

(looks like some linkedinner got this taken down bc i put a meme in it lol, stay mad)

7 Likes

Dude, millions of audios will be privatized, we can only upload 10 audios a month, and need alts for more. We’re being forced to use generic free to use music and sfx in our games, everyone has not even 2 weeks to redo the audio for their game(s).

How is this good? There is 0 benefit for anyone. This is hurting developers, not helping.

9 Likes

This is the most idiotic and unnecessary thing I’ve ever seen Roblox Staff release; it baffles me that they’ve been publishing the recent updates believing they’ve accomplished something beneficial. First the animations, now the audio. If it isn’t broken, don’t try to fix it.

This is obviously how Roblox handles the recent bypassed audio meta. Instead of addressing the problem and calculating a solution, they throw junk in the path of the developers. Very poorly handled.

9 Likes

It will go private and then be unable to go public for an undisclosed amount of time as stated here

2 Likes

The post clearly states this:

We don’t know how long this “temporary pause” will be so there’s a good chance it will be quite a lengthy wait until the original uploader actually has a chance to make audios public.

1 Like

what

I sure will love not being able to hear MY OWN group audio which I HAVE uploaded MYSELF.

I don’t understand.

12 Likes

It’s not premium, no one has found the cause yet…
People think it’s only the top developers, i have 100 audio/month because of a verified ID.

It’s honestly very odd how this system works

2 Likes

To add to my latest post, I’m not going to reupload the same thing so I can work on it outside of the group place. There should be group permissions to allow you to use said audio. This way me and my devs won’t have to reupload the same thing 1000 times.

3 Likes

I’ve never DevExed, but I’ve received developer rewards before? Alternatively, it could just be that I have Premium.

2 Likes

Ah yes, the deaf update. Games bouta go so dead because of this. Most accounts that have uploaded sounds are inactive or compromised. Getting them to unlock the sound is simply not possible.

10 Likes

RIP SL, lets hope its not silent for a while!

2 Likes

bruh i just spent 3k on uploading audio

6 Likes

If the audio catalog is going to become increasingly more important and filled, I believe an overhaul is essential. At least with the officially licensed audio, the catalog should have a far better search filter.

We should be able to filter by genre, artist, length, etc. All of this information is literally in the description of the audio. It’s a pain when you try to search for one of those tags, but you get 100 audio that are completely unrelated aside from the name. There are also tons of audio with the same name.

Tl;dr: Add an audio search filter with tags.
(We need a better search filter for the entire site, but I think it’s most critical here.)

4 Likes

If Roblox actually goes through with this, I want to see their profits fall and a mass exodus of players. Would serve them right if they don’t listen to the backlash. (unfortunately, children have really low standards)

11 Likes

Lol nobody asked for this‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

7 Likes

Being a new developer (literally just about to release my game in a month or so), having zero cost to audio uploads is definitely epic! However, my finalised soundtrack, which is solely dependent on other users’ audio, is compromised as they go private on the 22nd, and I will have to start all over. What we don’t know is if these users still play Roblox regularly, and if and when they will make their audio public again! Therefore, having to fall back on composing a soundtrack of my own is quite tedious because of the time it takes for moderators to accept my audio, coupled with the restriction of 10 uploads a month! I’m hesitant to share my personal info in order to gain access to 100+ uploads in a month, but to have this privilege for such information sounds elitist! Consider changing this, please!

2 Likes