[Action Needed] Upcoming Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

I meant who wanted apm music to completely remove the whole audio toolbox just so that it becomes a hell replacing them?

2 Likes

This update has clearly had a lot of thought put into it, but I’m afraid it hasn’t had enough. Are you kidding me? No more radios, unless people constrain their tastes to Roblox’s or the creator’s? We lose access to almost every audio we have up to this point? And we only have 2 weeks to adjust?

I would rather pay to upload. At least 99% of what I need already exists. Shameful.

3 Likes

This update has both a good side and a bad side to it. The good being that anyone can upload audio now given they are within their quota.

The bad part is there are a lot of games with radio / boombox gamepasses. Let’s all be honest here, 99% of people don’t like the music uploaded by roblox or monstercat. This effectively renders these gamepasses useless. As a game developer with this feature in my game, I know how this will affect my users very badly. And to add on, we’re being given 2 weeks to come up with a replacement for gamepasses like this as well as replace audio. The time frame is really short for something as major as this.

5 Likes

Why if I own the sounds in roblox and I own my group in roblox and there is a game in it, then I have to delete my sounds because they were not downloaded from the group? What, why…

1 Like

the free audio uploading is good but…
why

4 Likes

I’ve got over 400 or so audios that I have to re-upload now all because they aren’t under my group, but instead uploaded under my profile.

Absolutely horrendous update, but oh wow free audio upload :crazy_face:

6 Likes

I quite like the update where you don’t have to pay robux but the fact that once your audio gets private you will have to either. reupload it or you can create it by yourself, I feel like this will probably ruin a lot of games that have sound effects in them

I uploaded some sounds today after this is announced.

I have 2000 audio assets as a limit, after uploading and waiting for a few hours. It’s still 2000. Bug?

I have over 3700 audios uploaded onto a personal account for my group game. Feel the pain. My final year uni project is due in 32 days too ._.

What is the point in life…

3 Likes

I don’t see anyone talking about this;;

Are people who paid to upload audios going to get refunded?

Bruh. Who would buy a boombox gamepass just to play these? -_-

3 Likes

Monstercat sucks tbh why why why

The audio approval takes longer than expected, even if the uploaded audio is literally 2 seconds long.

Question: Will the audio that I don’t own still play in the game scripts?

I am very curious because it may break a lot of stuff in my game.

1 Like

I love the idea of free audio… but who decided it was the right thing to do to private all audio for more than 6 seconds. This destroys a majority of games (even the ones that are extremely popular or are popular but not updated) and it has made a lot of developers quit Roblox development over this change. This is the worst thing imaginable to have happened to Roblox, to be honest.

In my opinion, I’d rather have to pay the Robux fee than have millions of audio be private on the platform. I am just ultimately saddened by the majority of this change. Yes, the free audio is nice, but at the expense of millions of audio… No. I don’t want this update, Roblox. Many developers are quitting because of it from what I have seen. Honestly, that’s just sad.

1 Like

Roblox when march 22 arrives:

• walking sonds
  • nothingness
  • oof

0 voters

Summary
7 Likes

at first i thought it was cool
now

uh
no, not really. there are music i want to upload yes, but idk i prefer not to upload a bunch of music just to patch one singular thing, risk getting oofed by roblox moderation, overwork the mod team (which would probably annoy them and make them more likely to commit hammer) and have headaches in general at the same time.

now I have to use garbage music or compose garbage myself

1 Like

For anyone asking why, this is probably the reason:

And honestly, this is no surprise to me. It was inevitable that something like this would eventually happen to the Roblox audio library. There are LOADS of copyrighted audio uploaded to Roblox.

The upload ratelimit is so that the moderation team can keep up with moderating new sounds I guess.

There’s not really much we, or Roblox, can do to make this update less harmful.

8 Likes

That can’t possibly be, or make any sense. Making uploading free only makes more people upload more audios. I can only imagine how many are currently being reuploaded and have to rego through moderation now.

All of this backlash could be easily avoided by not forcing all audios over 6 seconds to be private, because if people really cared about how their audios are being used, they can private them on their own, and i feel like forcing everything would not be a good idea, kind of like how when experimental mode came out and broke every old game under the sun, there’s a lot of deleted or inactive accounts that have uploaded audios won’t come back to unprivate them, this sucks

2 Likes