[Action Needed] Upcoming Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

No no. 10 per month and only 2 weeks to reupload and redownload using BTRoblox. THIS IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE! Or at least please :frowning:

Thanks so much. I was getting paranoid on how much I had to spend robux on so many sound effects but now that I can upload 100 for free per month thats not a problem anymore. Thanks!

itā€™s not because of premium or devex, i have premium and got only 10, trying to get 2k rn, try searching on yt

1 Like

I guess audio uploads being free is a compensation for audio that was available previously on Roblox and was free

Whatā€™s next, you canā€™t use other peopleā€™s images in your game? :cold_sweat:

yeah that company is a total b #####

Update: Approximately ~50 Million audio over 6 seconds Roblox Library is may be lost forever after March 22 2022 if donā€™t get any archive.

This is like Myspace all songs/videos uploaded over 3 years ago in 2018 and sudden takedown of Megaupload by US authorities in 2012 etc

Everyone pls download all audio over 6 seconds in Roblox Library to archive on SoundCloud and Internet Archive etc!

2 Likes

This is a pretty gamebreaking update. Itā€™s pretty much a double-edge sword. You get free audio uploads and the addition of making your audio private, but games that utilize the use of public audio would no longer work unless the audio uploader makes it public.

This is a pretty nice update, although instead of making all the audioā€™s in the library Private, they should just stay Public so if the audio uploader wants to make their audio private, they could do so.

2 Likes

Sure, the fact that you can upload free audio is nice but

ALMOST. EVERY. GAME. WILL. BE. SILENT.
AUDIO IS ESSENTIAL, PEOPLE.

6 Likes

I somehow have 5000 audios a month

1 Like

Leave it to roblox to break everyoneā€™s games, especially old ones. However good on you guys for making uploads free!

3 Likes

This update is not ideal whatsoever. While I can enjoy uploading audio for free, I can only upload 10. And I can only upload more if I give my personal identification over to roblox, which we know has a weak security, and has had multiple database breaches.

Please reform this update.

4 Likes

this update is one of the worst

how do you want me to replace around 1k audios in 2 weeks? and how do i get files of audios that were made by development team/friends? some people are not playing roblox anymore, just do nothing with current audios, it will be much better, your licensed songs wont help at all

this update is raw and needs a lot of rework, before you put it, please THINK before you do so, and listen to people, if someone wants to make the song uploaded before private, they can just go to settings, if they donā€™t want to or donā€™t care, they wonā€™t, some creators left roblox, so they probably donā€™t mind using these songs, it all never was a problem, and now it is

my group uses a lot of audios in a new game, and it releases few days before that update, i just cant reupload songs or make new versions

3 Likes

The only good thing about this is free uploads. Roblox is so out of touch with their community itā€™s baffling

1 Like

Pathetic, ROBLOX staff yet again not using their brains, whatā€™s new? Just a scare tactic to force us into showing our PERSONAL identities.

2 Likes

Might I add, with a outrageously low limit of 10 sounds per 30 days. It would take me a good two years just to replace even just a quarter of my gameā€™s sounds. These limits are super inconsistent and unfair ngl.

2 Likes

Update 2: Approximately ~50 Million audio over 6 seconds Roblox Library is may be lost forever after March 22 2022 if donā€™t get any archive.

This is like Myspace all songs/videos uploaded over 3 years ago in 2018 and sudden takedown of Megaupload by US authorities in 2012 etc

Even More Example: Entirety of the websites hosted by Geocities, Closure in 2009 but almost all websites is saved in Oocities and Internet Archiveā€™s Wayback Machine etc, Almost all Before 1980s TV episodes, Soap Operas and Game Shows because major broadcast networks engaged in the practice of wiping recordings until the late 1970s and Almost all TV episodes produced by DuMont Television Network (1942-1956) because all the remaining kinescoped episodes of DuMont series were loaded into three trucks and dumped into Upper New York Bay in Mid 1970s

Everyone pls download all audio over 6 seconds in Roblox Library to archive on SoundCloud and Internet Archive etc!

Sorry I canā€™t edit post

I see this as an absolute win. It also solves the problem with copyright claims. Since the audios are now free to publish, is there a way we could refund the old audios that we paid for? I made a ton of audio, and most of them are just useless stuff I donā€™t even use.

ok guys, whatā€™s next?, now I have to show my IP address and Iā€™d , permit, driver license to upload images.

2 Likes

no ;D

no refunds they said Free from now on

2 Likes