[Action Needed] Upcoming Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

10 uploads / month

30 30 30 30 30 30 bruh bruh

Now I’m having hard time to find sound to replace of firewood.

It would be nice if we could get some focus shifted from really not good updates that will break many things to something else that may need fixing, like that moderation “team”, but no, we need facial expressions and whatever this disaster can be called in 3 words. You know what? Disaster sounds good enough. Sorry for the rant but this has just angered me and my friends beyond sitting back and watching the disaster unfold.

I doubt you’ll receive any warnings or account moderation for not replacing the sounds but the sounds will simply stop working for people who did not upload them, which negatively impacts inactive audio creators whose assets are used in other people’s games.

This change is so horrible, and such a selfish act on Roblox’s end. Threatened with a lawsuit, let’s go ahead and start deleting audios that developers own and created, and just make all audios that are 6 seconds or longer private. Who had that brilliant idea?

This selfish decision is affecting thousands of developers across the globe, and tons of commissions and purchases of music from composers, gone down the drain. There are hundreds of front page games that rely on audios because their experience is built around their sounds.

This “solution” provides no solve to the issue, whatsoever, and appears to make the situation much worse than it was before. We as a community have no input on this decision and its really frustrating for all of us to first of all face this terrible decision, but get ignored over and over again.

5 Likes

Even if I were to use the Monstercat audios, they’re still missing quite a bit, would like to see the whole collection in the library, as goes for APM, well you can see how they polluted the catalog with unwanted copyrighted audios that should’ve never be here, you search one item in the catalog you then get spammed with APM crap rather than an actual sound effect ur looking for.

Still lose a ton of sound effects and actual music by creators and stuff that’s public, not to mention the classic ROBLOX music which I like to play sometimes when we’re just off screwing around in a game.

Here’s a solution so you don’t have to block audios, maybe make your moderation bot a bit better is that too much to ask ROBLOX? We’ve put up with it being so stupid for years now, and this is your amazing 5-second solution? I’d like to see it get re-written so it actually works properly one day, don’t get me wrong, I know it’s flawed with not catching audios that are sped up, but I’m sure that could be improved upon rather than this.

I don’t see youtube removing the ability to set videos public and enforcing private so only youtube and its corporate channels can only upload content, so why take this path?

I know I ranted about this earlier but this CRIPPLES a ton of games relying on audio assets, and this kills our motivation to develop on this platform, because what’s the point of making or playing a game/experience when it’s going to be silent? it’s going to be boring and it wouldn’t be fun anymore.

I don’t expect them to revert this, you shouldn’t get your hopes up either.

8 Likes

They probably will, in my opinion. Remember the new materials update? It got set back because of all the negativity. Staying hopeful is the best.

2 Likes

This actually a horrible idea now all old games will completely break and now I have to make all the sounds myself bruh Roblox never listens to their community.

3 Likes

I would be PERFECTLY fine with this update if it didn’t privatize every audio uploaded before this change. I feel like this will ruin a lot of games, and I mean A LOT of them.

5 Likes

This is just sad, Roblox. My game that I have been actively working on is about to be nearly destroyed beyond repair because of this update. I don’t have enough time to go through and reupload all these audios, I don’t have a proper ID yet to verify myself to get more either. Please Roblox, do not add this update.

3 Likes

Welp there goes my horror game.
The menu music is more than 6 seconds.
All the music i use is free, else i ask my friend to upload my audio.
Yay free audio, but what’s the point? Every game that has menu music / alot of sound effects will just be broken.

RIP every person who has a game with hundreds if not thousands of audio. You will need to wait like a couple of months / years to reupload and or change some audio so it’s more than 6 seconds.|

3 Likes

Parts of this update are awful, I like that users can now get a monthly limit on audio uploads, but why private every single audio? A lot of my games have all the audios marked as red now and I will have to find alternatives for every single one. If there is a public or private toggle on audio though, what if the account was inactive?

3 Likes

It’s hard nowadays, after the repeats over and over, how out of touch they are with the community, I am certain this platform would be a ton better if they took notes from us rather than just assuming whatever and thinking that it was a good idea.

2 Likes

Another useless update that nobody asked and that will ruin thousand of games, sure free audio is nice but doesn’t change the fact about what you’re going to do with them, this platform is digging its own grave further everyday.

3 Likes

It’s all about the business for them, no care for us, the developers.

3 Likes

When audios were paid for we still had a ton of bypassed songs, all this will do is cause people to make an alt and spam upload bypassed stuff. I’m happy about the fee being removed but I’m hoping that this update also comes with better moderation for songs and audio, money.

Now that I think of it, Roblox is probably doing this because of a brand deal. They obviously prioritize the investors over the players and developers, and I bet you that half of the investors have never even played Roblox. This update cannot go through. We have to stop this. Even though Roblox has never cared about the players, and only about the money, if they start losing money they will probably revert the change. I was going to edit my post, but this topic is in slow mode.

4 Likes

they should keep current audio public, or the update will ruin games and lose a lot of online, some people might blame developers for scamming them on radio gamepasses, support might get even more tickets, moderation problems can also happen, they should think before they publish it, i hope they will listen to community, and won’t do it

or they should cancel the update, it will only make problems

Yeah i agree. I’ll probably quit making roblox games because of this update. EVERY game i make has a menu with MENU MUSIC that is over 6 SECONDS and it’s looped.

I hope roblox makes the max length of audio be like 1 second - 7 minutes again.
if roblox will go bankrupt because of this update it’s their fault.

2 Likes

This change is so horrible, and such a selfish act on Roblox’s end. Threatened with a lawsuit, let’s go ahead and start deleting audios that developers own and created, and just make all audios that are 6 seconds or longer private. Who had that brilliant idea?

This selfish decision is affecting thousands of developers across the globe, and tons of commissions and purchases of music from composers, gone down the drain. There are hundreds of front page games that rely on audios because their experience is built around their sounds. Games are suddenly just going to go silent, and the developers of that experience have to go through an extra struggle, and extra money, to create or purchase new audio.

This “solution” provides no solve to the issue, whatsoever, and appears to make the situation much worse than it was before. We as a community have no input on this decision and its really frustrating for all of us to first of all face this terrible decision, but get ignored over and over again.

Limiting developers to upload audio makes 0 sense. How would it solve any problem with copyright audio?

It seems like Roblox is narrowing down opportunities, resources, and features for developers, just for their own good. They prioritize investors & brands over the player and developer community. Unbelievable.

8 Likes