[Action Needed] Upcoming Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

and don’t get me started on how this will harm people who make music for the community to use or people who make music that loops for their games and game menu. I genuinely see no outcome from this update that could possibly be good. I wish roblox would listen to its developers for once but apparently all they care about it. At this point I’m deciding if I even want to keep making games on roblox or if I should just move to unity.

Why is there no clear documentation on how to increase your budget to 2000/per month? The 10 audio per month budget I have effectively puts a massive constraint on my game I’ve been working on for six months. When I am ready to push an update to my game, I literally have to sit around and wait for the months to go by so I can upload a few audios.

Thank you so much ROBLOX for allowing me to upload 10 audios per month now I only need to wait 6 months to upload all my games audios again.

8 Likes

They probably won’t go bankrupt because of this update. If they do notice losses because of this update in particular, I can bet you they will revert it.

1 Like

i don’t think it’s because of investors, if it was because of it, they would remove an aiblity to make any audios, probably they just don’t understand what comunity wants after all the failed updates, and trying to make audios private

if it is, they should change the update before it’s too late

I think you have to have submitted a DevEx request at least once to unlock the 2000 per month uploads.

It is. It’s still 1 second to 7 minutes. It’s just that already existing audios will be set to private unless it is under 6 seconds. And the audios that are set to private can be set to public again, once Roblox figures out a solution

Read through the entire announcement before replying.

2 Likes

i’ll probably quit until they remove this bad update.
THE ONLY GOOD THING ABOUT THIS UPDATE IS FREE AUDIO.

helped me calm down aswell. 10/10 would look at again

1 Like

I just re-read this, and they’re doing this to meshes and stuff too, oh my god this is literally going to kill the platform bro what are they DOOOING

2 Likes

No, I believe you just needed to have paid for a audio upload to unlock 2k/m. I have it and I have never devex’d, nor had premium.

They’ve got 10 limited with the free audio upload, then I got that limited. (I used 8 audio, and 1 audio removed for copyright)

Only 10 a month? That’s a little low, please raise to at least 50-100 without ID.

2 Likes

Are you ID verified?
I am not but I have Premium and I still get 10 uploads per month. I’m thinking this system is messed up.

i think roblox will also notice it if you tag them on twitter or post a video on youtube explaining everything, but not sure

Oh you bet it is. Messed up is an understatement

1 Like

This is a good update but its impossible to make a videogame whitout a audio that is more than 6 seconds

It just seems entirely random at this point.

None of the replies about the limits line up with anything.

Personally I dont have premium, dont have id verified, devexed, have 2k/m limit

EDIT: I have paid for audios before.

Have you ever paid for an audio?

1 Like

I’ve resorted to just re recording all the pre existing sound effects and reuploading them

2 Likes