[Action Needed] Upcoming Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

So why are you even doing this lol?

Link please. R6 is iconic and they are defiently not doing this.

I couldn’t find this topic, has it been privated? I’m pretty sure that is an unreliable source you’ve got there

Time to bust out OBS and record all the audio!

3 Likes

Roblox have the investors ever played roblox ? how are we supposed to imagine the universe waiting to be created or
to accommodate the high standards of corporations all my music i used that i own is gone : (

no clue to be honest, i found it in chat of another group, might be fake, i don’t know

They can’t be doing this, you have a link? This would shut down a unbelievable amount of games

1 Like

This isn’t real. Please check your sources before making claims especially during this.

3 Likes

“R6 animations will be permanently November 1st” Yeah this is a fake post. Why would they close experiences that are not migrated before the said date? Roblox would maybe not do this.

3 Likes

Obvious bait. Dont fall for it!

Notice how the second to last line says “R6 animations will be permamently November 1st”

They wouldnt DARE remove R6, no way

3 Likes

This honestly seems like a ridiculous move for roblox and at this point they’re asking for the downfall of their own game. Free Audios yes thats cool but the cons of this far outweighs the pros. There was a reason why Inventory-locking was created, if someone chooses not to do so and keep their audio ID’s open to the public they pretty much deserve to have their ID’s used…

Well there goes every game in existence on the platform, possibility of new developers / old developers leaving as well. I’m a beginner scripter and this is horrendous to see. The free audio is nice but removing every audio isn’t. Let’s not forget the Library / Tool box will now be completely useless, nobody uses the “free models” officially in their game they only use the audio from it. You made bad updates in the past, but this is a living nightmare of an update.

3 Likes

Because APM sued them and APM is greedy so they were like “well, i want my music on your site, but i want it so you CANT user other people’s audio so my audio gets used!” Kinda like a monopoly where 1 producer controls a whole market, being sounds. Corporate greed will cause hundreds of games to break. Theres no hope for this to change, unless APM decides to revert it.

1 Like

Could we get a response from Roblox staff?
This outrage should’ve caused atleast some kind of response. It’s frustrating how they do such horrible changes without us even being prepared, limited to 10 audios per month or having enough time to do said changes.
Seriously hoping this gets reverted.

6 Likes

I like some things about this, but I don’t like the private feature. I would prefer only new audios to be set to private. It’s enough that Animations are restricted, but I wouldn’t restrict now audio.

thought people might need this after reading through the post

24 Likes

I still can’t believe this was written out and posted by a human with no second thoughts from anyone at Roblox during the process.

6 Likes

This is not good news, especially considering I work on rhythm games. With over 2000 total songs (maybe more) of which are mixed between self-uploads and other uploads, it is simply not possible to get this done in two weeks. The other 4 I work with are either in university or doing important things in their lives / schools. This will take a large amount of time which calls for a long downtime, ultimately hurting the player-base. I simply cannot agree with this.

2 Likes

What apm is doing rn is ruining a platform. Btw how did apm sue them anyway?

After coming back from school with no knowledge of this update until now, I can say, after reading all the points and understanding the complains of many developers that this update is really good; but audios should not be private forcefully, there should be, at least some sort of toggle option, which wouldn’t be enough.

Not a good move, for sure.

1 Like