[Action Needed] Upcoming Changes to Asset Privacy for Audio

Oh well this is nice… Why do I only get 10 seems a little unfair just cuz I rather not verify my age.

1 Like

They usually just respond to positive notes about their updates. If they see people criticizing it and not liking it, they simply ignore…Its ridiculous.

1 Like

might as well be an npc, since roblox is trying to minimize any expenses even if it has minimum success. could be an ai taking random decisions for all we know

Thank you for uploading thousands of new sound effects to the library, however I have a concern on how hard it will be to find these sound effects. Currently if you search for “guitar” (for example) you will find more music over actual sound effects. Will you be introducing a filter to help us get around this?

3 Likes

I don’t understand how you can call this update “good” after reading all what the community had to say and the destructive and selfish decision that they made.

3 Likes

Oh wow, it feels like roblox is starting to give Age Verified users more perks than premium right now. Also, I feel like they should just let paid audios be public and make free audios private instead of making most of them private.

2 Likes

This is not staff choice, its because of APM, the only hope we have for this to be reverted is if APM reverts their idea, which is very unlikely to happen. APM is really corporate only cares abt money

2 Likes

What if we really are infringing copyright? That should be the uploader’s choice and Roblox shouldn’t have to decide that for them. I strongly believe this update should be canned or put on hold.

1 Like

This update is going to ruin a good amount of older games. I’d recommend creating some sort of support team that can unprivate audios for older games that don’t get active updates.

1 Like

use this instead guys

Also this wait 5 minutes between each posts you make is unnecessary, remove it.

2 Likes

I personally don’t think this will happen, in all seriousness. It’s an awful idea to literally get rid of a core component of your game, yeah you could upload your own sounds, but why the change? The sounds were perfectly fine beforehand (except for the copyright detection sometimes), I literally don’t see a point.

Even if you have to push this update out, consider still allowing us to be able to upload audio publicly using robux, but allow free personal-use audio for your games. I don’t think that’s too far fetched of an idea, is it?

If you leave your community in the dust, your community will leave you, Roblox.

2 Likes

If you revise the points about copyright claims and new policies for sounds, everything is better for everybody. Free sounds, better copyright control, creator tracking, better management…

But this is also the worse update that Roblox may face ever in its whole history, because the private sounds.

1 Like

guys, if we protest so much in the comments, we might make roblox revert this (let’s get to 10000 comments about this being trash)

5 Likes

I am absolutely with the idea of free audio. But what I am definitely NOT with is the fact, that you can’t use audios that are longer than 6 seconds. This is just a stupid and completely unnecessary change.

Apm sued roblox after they found out thousands of their copyrighted audio were on the platform with no permission, they decided to sue roblox instead of doing a DMCA. So this update is basically an advertisement for APM so they can make MORE money. Money is the reason why thousands of games will be broken. MONEY

3 Likes

Roblox is not doing this update because they wanted to. I 100% believe it’s because of the lawsuit they were in 2 years ago

We got this feature, but at what cost? It literally sucks, I would prefer uploading it by paying robux instead of having this private thing that you can’t use it in other accounts.

1 Like

Literally the part of this update that everyone hates, seriously this will break a lot of games
While I like the free audio uploads, c’mon did Roblox really think about this

1 Like

No… this is terrible. You are going to destroy countless “experiences” changing the rules abruptly like this. The proper thing to do is apply the rules to audio uploaded after March 22, not existing audio. Give us a chance to adapt to your new policies! Many of the songs I use are by creators that are long gone from the Roblox platform and are impossible to re-aquire.

5 Likes

Welcome to the future, I guess. It’s just all business here.

3 Likes